Participate to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted calls out to you? By joining the OPTEL team, this is what your daily life will look like!
OPTEL develops software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to reduce the effects of the climatic changes and to promote the health care safety as well as sustainable lifestyles. How? By deploying smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies.
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL made itself known as a global pioneer in traceability systems, but also as a socio-environmental leader.
Our organization is propelled by curious, motived and proud humans. Here, the company culture draws itself naturally around a common objective: build together a better world for future generations.
As a freight and customs technician at OPTEL, you will be responsible for coordinating the national and international transport of shipments. You will have the possibility of combining office work with a little physical work for the handling of these. Routine? We don't know that! Every day is different and you will be stimulated by a thunder team ;)
- Prepare shipments and coordinate the national and international transport of these;
- Complete the shipping documentation according to the requirements;
- Track shipments, both import and export;
- Audit invoices from transport providers according to the established agreements;
- Proceed to the verification of the customs entries and make the correction requests when necessary;
- Respond to various requests from customs brokers;
- Verify the customs classifications and make the update of the database.
- Training (AEC/DEC) in transport and logistics or international trade;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in international trade or customs compliance;
- Good knowledge and use of incoterms depending on the type of transaction;
- Advanced English level;
- Focused on results and problem solving;
- Ability to manage several files at the same time;
- Ability to adapt, flexibility and versatility in a changing and growing environment.
Advantages et benefits
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible hours;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one;
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical terminals, refund of 50% of the montly pass pf the RTC, small cafeteria with free fair trade coffee and fruits);
- Various social activities and diversified committees in which you can get involved (ex: sustainable development, sustainable health, community action, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company!