Optel is looking for a Mechanical Designer for its office in Campinas, Brazil. Working in a multidisciplinary project design team, the Mechanical Designer’s main mandate is to work on the design of our solutions according to customers’ requisites.
- Design and develop mechanical systems according to customer needs following Optel's standards, procedures and templates.
- Participate in the selection of mechanical components, technologies, materials and manufacturing processes to meet time, cost and quality objectives;
- Work closely with other departments to obtain feedback, analyze recurring issues and propose corrective actions;
- Provide technical support for operations and after-sales service;
- Collaborate on the optimization of manufacturing processes by modifying the design of equipment to support the manufacturing, assembly and installation of components;
- Maintain the company’s reputation by adhering to good design principles and by complying with various applicable regulations and standards;
- Generate material lists, select and create new components required for project execution;
- Support and ensure the proper execution of the project during the manufacturing phases, quality control, installation and any other phase requiring the support of the design team;
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the department.
- Any other related tasks.
- College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
- Registration under CREA is an asset;
- Relevant experience in mechanical system design in a relevant industrial field (Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, etc.);
- Good understanding of mechanical principles, geometrical tolerance, pneumatics, material resistance and risk analysis;
- Experience in 3D modeling using SolidWorks software;
- Advanced English;
- Good communicator with peers and suppliers;
- Independent with a good sense of priorities;
- Knowledge of NR12;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in constant evolution.