WHO IS THE PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY TOOL FOR?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY TOOL?
The Production Efficiency Tool benefits all business types and industries to improve the overall effectiveness of your production lines and optimize equipment uptime, line throughput and product quality to maximize your return on investment.
The Production Efficiency Tool enables you to better understand your business. Past and real-time operational data, trends and likely scenarios help you enhance collaboration between teams and reveal opportunities to reduce operational costs, increase asset performance and drive production results. The platform gives you additional tools to improve efficiency to better manage:
- Number of rejects
- Number and length of downtime periods and performance
- Number of units produced
Improve the overall effectiveness of your production lines and optimize equipment uptime, line throughput and product quality to maximize your return on investment
Powerful analysis and reporting tools deliver visualization to web or mobile devices anytime, anywhere.
Handle millions of tags and unlimited users, providing unprecedented capability.
Integrate content from multiple data sources using a single, cloud-based system.
The software as a service (SaaS) is continuously kept up to date and allows updates to be managed seamlessly in the cloud.
The Production Efficiency Tool is a safe, secure and reliable solution powered by Microsoft Azure’s proven cloud technology.
Share operational insights and best practices across the company.
PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY TOOL FEATURES
- Leverage existing smart sensors, such as IoT devices and automation systems, and make the data accessible
- Remotely monitor geographically dispersed assets
- Gain immediate access to personalized performance data
- Visualize process status over time so you know what to do next
- Securely and cost-effectively access industrial data outside the control network
- User-friendly information management tool with rapid time to value
- Provides a single view of operational performance from multiple systems or devices
- Android and iOS compatible, powered by the Aveva platform
- Retrieve data automatically at a set frequency in either the band owner’s system or OPTEL’s, or via CSV extraction (Excel file)
- Low-cost software as a service (SaaS) solution
- Painless integration: no additional IT required
- Scalable solution
- Highly configurable menus that can be adapted to specific user needs
- Easily understandable power analysis and intelligent reporting tools for authorized users
- Agnostic solution that easily connects to your systems
- Ability to standardize and share best performance management practices in the cloud
Led to a 2.8% decrease in production waste
The goal was to understand how to maximize capacity across two separate manufacturing facilities, one in Florida and the other in South Carolina, and to use the investment in track-and-trace solutions to enhance quality inspections and reduce waste.
Only OPTEL can leverage multiple manufacturing data streams and combine them into a single report to provide unit-level insights into the production process.
OPTEL’s automatic data anomaly detection, when paired with our real-time EPCIS data stream, allows you to minimize production waste and to pinpoint inspection needs based on solid engineering data.
- Increased packaging production efficiency from an average of 84% throughput to 91%
- Event-based QA AQL inspections reduced on average by two hours thanks to unit-level product knowledge
- Allowed customer to effectively split production between the two facilities and reduce inventory needed thanks to better production planning
Here are a few real-life examples of how the platform has solves issues and improves OEE:
- Optimize production across MES solution: unify data and real-time manufacturing information across the plant to enable process optimization and drive operational efficiency.
- Maximize existing equipment and leverage cloud and IoT technologies to deliver an always-up-to-date view of critical systems.
- Build a repeatable, global model that enables remote monitoring and optimization of procurement in the field globally; enable remote diagnostics of procurement problems; and implement a transparent solution to report on contractual obligations regarding procurement efficiency.
- Gain access to critical information that is locked away in the control room; remotely provide visibility over plant performance – particularly during the nightshift when the plant is unstaffed – to determine if on-site intervention is required.
- Implement a mobile process management system to ensure the safety of the product produced every day; enable field operators to access critical data via mobile devices for immediate, on-site decision-making.
Open SiteMaster (OSM)
L3 software that acts as a hub coordinating the actions of your plant, enabling all the management of serialization and aggregation processes
L4-L5 level serialization and traceability solution that provides compliance with international pharmaceutical regulations
Software embedded in the line that records all serialization and aggregation events at the packaging level
Solution that manages the serialization of products in the warehouse: prints labels, reworks, sending and receiving
You may be interested in these solutions
Enterprise-Level Cloud (L4)
Verify Platform is an essential tool to comply with most of the world’s pharmaceutical regulations
Manage your inventory like never before: real-time visibility on asset inventory levels, geolocation and expired date tracking
Optimize your production efficiency with strong analytics and reliable, real-time data for the agribusiness