Participate to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted appeals to you? By joining the OPTEL team, this is what your daily life will look like!
OPTEL develops software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to reduce the effects of the climatic changes and to promote the health care safety as well as sustainable lifestyles. How? By deploying smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies.
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL made itself known as a global pioneer in traceability systems, but also as a socio-environmental leader.
Our organization is propelled by curious, motivated and proud humans. Here, the company culture draws itself naturally around a common objective: build together a better world for future generations
The technical support specialist has the mandate to provide technical guidance and support to our business and customers. He will be responsible for the full troubleshooting of serialization and tracking solutions in the various customer environments. He will be also responsible for ensuring software integrity and minimizing customer downtimes. The role involves direct communication with the customers and field staff working remotely with fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Configure automation and serialization software according to the client's specifications and ensuring it meets customer needs;
- Work with Field Technicians during integration and fine-tuning of optel vision and serialization systems;
- Responsible for software integrity and managing configuration change;
- Clearly document customer interactions, troubleshooting steps, and identify root cause for issues;
- Collaborate with different product development platforms to resolve issues, improve performance, and eliminate solution issues;
- Understanding of software validation principles (an asset);
- Provide timely technical support to external and internal clients including customers, Project Management and Field Technicians;
- Manage customer escalations and provide clear concise communications to facilitate a quality customer experience;
- Ensure that the systems function properly according to defined configuration specifications;
- Participate in the software integration with OEM equipment;
- Assess the feasibility of a project based on risks;
- Occasional travel can be required for on site support during system integration;
- Support the product team and the software team.
- University diploma in computer science or relevant fields;
- Application support experience;
- Experience working with virtual environments;
- Understanding of XML and the ability modify configurations;
- Knowledge of GitHub and/or software version management;
- Prior experience with automation software (asset);
- Knowledge of Python troubleshooting (asset);
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Have a good sense of organization and priorities;
- Customer service oriented.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible schedules;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one;
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical terminals, free coffee and fruits);
- Refunds of 50% of the monthly pass of the RTC;
- Open and bright areas and ergonomic workspaces;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, sustainable development, sustainable health, SST, francization, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company.