OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is an international company that develops for customers based, for the most part, outside of Canada, transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions allowing to secure and ensure compliance of the supply chain in the most major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the aim of reducing the effects of climate change and promoting sustainable lifestyles.
As a certified B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a vibrant global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summed up as follows: To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies to build a better world. Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (supply chain intelligence) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made with the aim of enabling consumers such as ourselves to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
If you, like us, are guided, by socio-eco-environmental values and if participating in the resolution of the greatest issues facing our world today appeals to you, here is how you can help us:
***Please, send your resume in English***
SOFTWARE SOLUTION DESIGNER
As a highly visible position within the organization, you will routinely interact with Sales, Product Development, and Services organizations as well as with customer’s and prospective customer’s technical resources and senior leadership. The Software Solution Designer role provides front-line support starting with the sales effort and then continuing into the planning phase to define the scope, implementation architecture and design. This key resource will be responsible for supporting multiple implementation projects in various phases concurrently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supporting OPTEL customers in the implementation of their serialization infrastructure. This requires working directly with the customers as the serialization technical SME on the project team and lead efforts to:
- Analyze & capture the customer’s serialization & traceability requirements;
- Design the integration of Optel platforms with various enterprise systems (ERP, MES, WMS) based on the customer's requirements;
- Ensure that interface and data needs are understood and the necessary technology and architecture are in place to meet these needs;
- Provide detailed functional specifications of the proposed solutions;
- Evaluate the impact of changes from sites and vendors to the SOW/URS;
- Work closely with the project management teams to successfully meet budgetary & timeline targets;
- Work with the OPTEL quality group to build configuration and testing documentation;
- Perform configuration of customer development instance;
- Support customers through deployment, testing and validation activities;
- Act as subject matter expert for the OPTEL products and related serialization standards.
2. Work with the Optel software development team to communicate customer requirements and help prioritize the product roadmap:
- Partner with business process architects and key customers to identify business problems, set strategic IT direction & roadmap for solutions to meet business needs;
- Work with the development team to convert URS into stories within the development tracking tool;
3. Support sales efforts by participating in sales presentations (mainly on phone) as the OPTEL SME and performing platform demos.
- Excellent customer facing / communication skills are essential;
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture;
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills;
- Experience configuring, documenting, testing, and implementing new applications and systems;
- Experience implementing serialization/traceability solutions (nice to have);
- Deep understanding of the GS1 EPCIS standards and implementation in the Life Sciences industries (nice to have);
- Knowledge of U.S. Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA), and global pharmaceutical and med device serialization and reporting compliance initiatives (nice to have);
- Experience in FDA regulated industries (nice to have).
- Bachelor's Degree, computer science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3+ years understanding of technical IT solutions.
- Coding and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.);
- Knowledge of SSL certificates;
- Experience with Jira & Confluence platforms;
- Experience with ERP and supply chain solutions such as SAP/ERP, SAP/WM, SAP OER/All, WMS, Oracle/JD Edwards;
Advantages and benefits
- Flexible work schedules;
- Hybrid working mode;
- Competitive compensation;
- Healthcare plan;
- Meal allowances;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Activities organized by our committees (sustainable development, health and well-being, community action, social club, etc.).