Software Development Leader
The software development team leader is responsible for managing and supervising one or more multidisciplinary teams, made up of developers, software architects, quality specialists and product owner. He will have to ensure the performance and level of technical skills of each of them within their respective squads while encouraging good practices in an agile environment.
- Structure, build and lead a highly effective team. Coach, inspire, train and hold the team accountable for delivering results, disseminating best practices and increasing their skills and impact.
- Ensure the quality of work and individual performance of members in their squads
- Carry out annual performance reviews and develop improvement or development plans if necessary
- Recruit new talent and set up service agreements with potential partners
- Closely monitor the progress of projects with the team and communicate progress to management
- Promote the appropriate use of the various tools in place
- Encourage close collaboration between teams and departments
- Ensure the propagation of good development practices and corporate culture
- Suggest areas for improvement in our current processes and help implement solutions
- Suggest and implement tools to improve squad efficiency
- Support a continuous training plan for team members in the form of technical skills acquisition (coding dojo, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in software or computer engineering
- Experience of 5 years or more in the field of software development
- Experience of 3 years or more in team management as a manager or team leader
- Bilingual French and English (oral and written)
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Possibility of being present at the Quebec City office for at least 2 days a week
- Experience as a technical leader and in software architecture desirable
- Have the opportunity to work in different modes; hybrid, 100% desktop etc ...
- Competitive compensation;
- Virtual health clinic and employee assistance program
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from the moment of hiring;
- Flexible hours;
- Reimbursement of public transport costs
- Several on-site amenities including free parking, fair trade coffee and bright and ergonomic workspaces;
- Varied social activities and diverse committees in which you can get involved (eg: sustainable development, sustainable health, community action, social club);
- Free English course and free French for those who wish to improve their level ;;
- Organization present on several continents
- B-CORP certified company!
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL has made a name for itself not only as a world pioneer in traceability systems but also as a responsible socio-environmental leader. OPTEL wanted to strengthen its impact by partnering with other major global organizations that are committed to using the power of business to have a positive impact on communities and the environment. (B-CORP Certified).
Our organization is propelled by curious, motivated and proud humans who wish to collaborate together while maintaining quality human relationships allowing them to develop. Its leaders are people of opinion, passionate people determined to put collective creative intelligence at the service of the socio-environmental issues of our time. In short, with us, the corporate culture takes shape naturally around A common goal: to build together a better world for future generations.
OPTEL GROUP is an employer that respects equal opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered.