Imagine what it would be like to work every day knowing that you are part of solving the greatest challenges facing our world today? When you join the OPTEL team, it becomes your daily life!
OPTEL develops transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions that reduce climate change and promote health care safety and sustainable lifestyles. HOW? By deploying smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies.
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL has made a name for itself as a world pioneer in traceability systems, but also as a responsible socio-environmental leader.
Our organization is powered by curious, motivated, and proud humans. With us, the corporate culture takes shape naturally around A common goal: to build together a better world for future generations.
Why join our team?
- Be part of the solution;
- Know that your ideas will have a significant impact on the future;
- Evolve in a collaborative, open work environment where your curiosity and creativity will be encouraged.
The software development team leader is responsible for managing and supervising one or more multidisciplinary teams, made up of developers, software architects, quality specialists and product owner. He will have to ensure the performance and level of technical skills of each of them within their respective squads while encouraging good practices in an agile environment.
- Structure, build and lead a highly effective team. Coach, inspire, train and hold the team accountable for delivering results, disseminating best practices and increasing their skills and impact.
- Ensure the quality of work and individual performance of members in their squads
- Carry out annual performance reviews and develop improvement or development plans if necessary
- Recruit new talent and set up service agreements with potential partners
- Closely monitor the progress of projects with the team and communicate progress to management
- Promote the appropriate use of the various tools in place
- Encourage close collaboration between teams and departments
- Ensure the propagation of good development practices and corporate culture
- Suggest areas for improvement in our current processes and help implement solutions
- Suggest and implement tools to improve squad efficiency
- Support a continuing education plan for team members in the form of technical skills acquisition (coding dojo, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in software or computer engineering;
- Experience of 5 years or more in the field of software development;
- Experience of 3 years or more in team management as a manager or team leader;
- Bilingual French and English (oral and written);
- Experience in object oriented programming;
- Possibility of being present at the Quebec City office for a minimum of 2 days a week;
- Experience as a technical leader and in software architecture desirable.
Advantages and Benefits
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible hours;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- Virtual health clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Collective RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution, upon hiring;
- Reimbursement of public transport costs;
- Several on-site amenities including free parking, fair trade coffee and bright and ergonomic workspaces;
- Varied social activities and diverse committees in which you can get involved (eg: sustainable development, sustainable health, community action, social club);
- Free English and French courses and for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company!
OPTEL is an employer that respects equal opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered.