Who can apply : SQA team /Programmer with good experience in designing test strategy and framework
To ensure the delivery of high performance code, OPTEL is looking to add to its team a senior Software Development Engineer in Test that will help design the testing strategy, implement test scripts and test framework for our products. The SDET will act as a catalyst and an enabler for the development team.
This position will be a part of the Data Empowerment (DE) team
Key Responsibilities :
● Create, build and set up a system with manual and automated testing frameworks for complex scenarios
● Maintain and improve test frameworks and automation scripts in collaboration with developers
● Act as a reference for the development team regarding software testing strategy and best practices (coverage, automation, integration, security, etc)
● Ensure the proper functioning of the test pipeline of the solution and resolve any issues
● Assist the development team with the investigation of automated test failures with respect of SOC2 policies
● Identifies performance opportunities and optimizes stability issues (monitoring, maintenance, reporting, etc)
● Propose new tools and working methods to continuously improve
● University degree or relevant studies with significant experience in manual and automated testing
● Ability to select the best tools and libraries according to use cases such as but not limited to: Selenium, Protractor, NUnit, Nightwatch, WireMock, React Testing Library and Mountebank.
● Experience in contract testing between microservices (ex. Pact.io)
● Experience in integrating test automation with CI/CD pipeline (Gitlab an asset);
● Experience with identifying and troubleshooting errors and bugs within product teams
● Up to date with emerging technologies and willing to learn.
Nice to have:
● Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Analytics and ETL is a plus;
● Knowledge of application hosting and deployment in the cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS);
● Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other relational database and SQL;
● Comfortable with technologies such as: TerraForm, Gitlab, Pulumi, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc;
● Knowledge of Typescript and React