The role of a Software Deployment Specialist is critical to the success of the business. The candidate will be responsible for the full deployment of a middleware solution, in different environments, including the sponsorship of its development. He/She will also be responsible for improving work processes in constant evolution, including solution mobilizing teams such as the developers, solution architects, project managers, and our clients, all in compliance with the quality and safety requirements.
- Pilot Middleware serialization solutions integration and deployment on cloud-based and database-style production application infrastructure.
- Enter and perform predefined qualitative tests and functionalities to raise development bugs, in preparation for deployment.
- Identify and recommend additional resources and processes to carry out tasks.
- Identify and understand explicit and implicit requirements of the hosting environment.
- Design tools that can optimize deployments across different infrastructures while ensuring data security and integrity.
- Collaborate closely with developers and solution architects to deliver highly reliable solutions.
Quality - Integrity
- Responsible for deployment integrity and information security.
- Identify and clearly document sources of system bugs.
- Collaborate with different product development platforms to resolve known issues, improve performance, and eliminate solution issues.
- Be the Level 2 customer contact point for service calls. Answer customer questions and support integration with SaaS solutions.
- Provide timely technical support to external and internal clients including the Customer Service Support Team, Project Management, Solution Architects, and Software Developers.
- Provide technical documentation to the development team and other technical resources.
- Writes regular reports and/or events to internal and external clients about bugs, testing, and solution deployment.
SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Linux and Postgresql database infrastructures.
- College or professional IT diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in deploying software and/or middleware solutions.
- Advanced level of English.
- Strong coding and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of SSL certificates (2-way).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Azure, Apache, etc.).
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security.
- Knowledge of software and systems: Unix, Microsoft; SQLite, VMWare.
- Strong desire to learn and contribute to the success of a fast-growing company.
- Good understanding of systems and IT infrastructure.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Being able to interact with several stakeholders by encouraging teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- AGILE Methodology
- Some travel may be required
About Optel Group:
Thanks to three decades of experience, the expertise, and creativity of our staff as well as our innovative technologies, OPTEL group is one of the world's largest suppliers of digital tracking and traceability systems for the supply chain to the world.
OPTEL offers a growing number of industrial sectors (pharmaceutical, agri-food, cosmetics, medical devices, mines, and contaminated soils) digital traceability solutions and innovative vision systems allowing:
- to ensure regulatory compliance
- to optimize operational efficiency
- to create smart supply chains
A company headquartered in Quebec City and with facilities on several continents, OPTEL has stood out for 30 years through its innovative and responsible vision.
A B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a dynamic global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summarized as follows:
To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies in order to build a better world.
Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (intelligence supply chain) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made to enable consumers like us to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
Optel’s benefits include;
- Hybrid Working Model;
- Competitive compensation;
- Regular position at 37.5 hours/week;
- Schedule flexibility;
- Family Health Insurance plan (From day one);
- Group Pension Scheme
- On-site amenities (free parking, cafeteria with free coffee and fruit);
- Open areas, bright and ergonomic offices;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, social club, and sustainable development.