SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is an international company that develops for customers based, for the most part, outside of Canada, transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions allowing to secure and ensure compliance of the supply chain in the most major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the aim of reducing the effects of climate change and promoting sustainable lifestyles.
As a certified B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a vibrant global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summed up as follows: To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies to build a better world. Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (supply chain intelligence) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made with the aim of enabling consumers such as ourselves to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
If you, like us, are guided, by socio-eco-environmental values and if participating in the resolution of the greatest issues facing our world today appeals to you, here is how you can help us:
***Please, send your resume in English***
- Pilot Middleware serialization solutions integration and deployment( on-prem or cloud-based ) of production application infrastructure;
- Execute and document qualitative tests and functionalities, and raise development bugs if necessary, in preparation for deployment;
- Support customers during the integration of the application.
Quality - Integrity
- Respect IT security good practices;
- Identify and clearly document sources of system bugs;
- Collaborate with different product development platforms to resolve known issues, improve performance, and eliminate solution issues;
- Execute internal test plans to confirm solution quality;
- Collaborate closely with developers and solution architects to deliver highly reliable solutions;
- Execute validation protocol tests on deployed environments following predetermined validation practices;
- Be the Level 2 customer contact point for service calls. Answer customer questions and support integration with on-prem or SaaS solutions;
- Provide timely technical support to external and internal clients including the Customer Service Support Team, Project Management, Solution Architects, and Software Developers.
- Write regular reports and/or events to internal and external clients about bugs, testing, and solution deployment.
SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Strong desire to learn, and aptitude for problem solving;
- Curious and able to learn by themselves;
- College or professional IT diploma or equivalente;
- Advanced level of English.
- Knowledge on Windows Server 2016, 2019, Windows 10;
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security;
- Virtualization knowledge;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Azure, Apache, etc.);
- Good understanding of systems and IT infrastructure;
- Being able to interact with several stakeholders by encouraging teamwork and collaboration;
- Ability to communicate clearly;
- Able to dig and find the root cause of a problem.
Nice to have
- 3 years experience with Linux and PostgreSQL database infrastructures;
- 2 years experience in deploying software and/or middleware solutions;
- Coding and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.);
- Knowledge of SSL certificates;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- AGILE Methodology;
Advantages and benefits
- Flexible work schedules;
- Hybrid working mode;
- Competitive compensation;
- Healthcare plan;
- Meal allowances;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Activities organized by our committees (sustainable development, health and well-being, community action, social club, etc.).