Be a part of the change.
What would it be like going to work every day knowing that you are contributing to solving the biggest problems our world faces today? When you join OPTEL team, that becomes your daily reality.
OPTEL helps finding solutions to today’s biggest problems: climate change, secure healthcare and sustainable living. How? By developing intelligent supply chains through advanced traceability technologies. For the last 30 years, OPTEL has partnered with the world’s top brands who are dedicated to using the power of business to do good in the world.
Today with systems present all around the world, OPTEL is known as a socially and environmentally responsible leader in transformative technologies powered by the passionate, thought leaders of our time. Just like industries they work in, OPTEL moves quickly and embraces change.
OPTEL is home to curious, purpose-driven individuals who enjoy collaboration. This is a place where company culture comes naturally because the team has a common core mission: build a better world together.
What you’ll get by joining our team
- You will play a hand in solving the world’s biggest issues
- Your ideas will have big impact
- You will be able to own your impact in a self-driven work environment
- Your curiosity will be encouraged
Perks and benefits
- The possibility to work 100% remote, 100% office or both (hybrid teleworking) ;
- Competitive remuneration
- Virtual Healthcare
- Flex hours: You have to be available between 10AM and 3PM.
- Complete healthcare plan, including dental plan;
- RRSP with employer contribution starting on the first day of employment;
- On-site commodities (free parking, electrical terminals, cafeteria with fresh fruits and free fair-trade coffee, terrace on the rooftop with a garden and bees, etc);
- Free informal english courses twice a week for those who want to improve their second language;
- A company that is B-CORP certified
As a software architect, you will have to offer software architectures that are homogeneous, compatible and consistent with the requirements of technical architectures for the various OPTEL systems. Also, you will have to define the technical orientations of the product and the applications by anticipating the evolution of the technological environments.
- Work closely with the product department to identify customer needs and the context in which the products are used;
- Offer innovative solutions to meet customer needs;
- Evaluate the efforts required for development;
- Write design specifications;
- Work closely with the team of developers;
- Occasionally participate in development efforts;
- Contribute to the organization and methods of the software department
- You are resourceful, creative and autonomous;
- You have a bachelor’s degree in software or computer engineering;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in IT development and integration of technological solutions in software architecture;
- You have an excellent knowledge of the Python programming language (C++ and C# an asset)
- You have a good knowledge of real-time applications and interactions between software and hardware
- You have a good knowledge of design patterns;
- You have a great ability to work in a team, a sense of analysis and a practical mind;
- You show initiative and innovation;
- You speak french and do well in english.
OPTEL Group is an employer that respects equal opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered.