Following the growth of its global software organization, and more specifically in India, Optel is looking for a Software Development Senior Manager for its Data Empowerment team in Goa. The Data Empowerment department is responsible for developing and maintaining Optel’s Traceability and Transparency SaaS Solutions line of business. The senior manager will be in charge of more than 15 direct reports spread across multiple multidisciplinary development teams. He will work in close collaboration with other leaders within its department and across the organization to help the company achieve its objectives.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development for Data Empowerment, the senior manager will lead the development effort on a subset of the department’s portfolio and oversee delivery cadence and overall quality of its deliverables while continuously improving internal processes and methodologies of the teams he/she is responsible for. A close collaboration and interaction with its North American counterparts is expected to ensure appropriate cross-team coordination.
In addition, the senior manager will act as a key on-site contact point for other departments within the Engineering and Technologies (E&T) sector, facilitating on-site support and assistance for resources managed remotely.
Essential Duties and Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Develop world class SaaS Software with industry leading quality level:
- Plan, coordinate and deliver SaaS software releases on a regular cadence using agile methodologies;
- Work in collaboration with the product owner and product manager to define release content based on overall teams capacity;
- Work in collaboration with the technical leads and architects to define appropriate design, delivery estimate and timeline;
- Work closely with Customer Support to resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner;
- Collaborate closely with E&T SaaS Operations department to maintain high level of product operationability, support and availability;
- Ensure world class software quality standards, culture and practices are in place and followed within the teams;
- Understand, support and ensure compliance with regulatory and audit requirements;
- Participate actively and ensure that their team participates in the continuous improvement process
Ensure the organization recruits, develops and retains top talents:
- Actively participate in interview process and ensure high level of competency of selected candidates
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness by staff of organizational OKR;
- Ensure individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood; performance measurement objectives are identified, measured and monitored on an on-going basis in order to ensure engagement and provide positive feedback on accomplishments, and ensure immediate action is taken to address shortfalls.
- Assist and coach team members to help them grow in their role and achieve longer term career goals.
Act as key on-site representative for other E&T departments
- Assist other E&T departments leaders with on-site coordination of their resources on a need basis ;
- Support remotely managed Indian resources with on-site/same time zone inquiries
- Collaborate with other Indian site leaders with site related, cross-departmental initiatives
Play an active role in promoting the product portfolio both internally and externally
- Support the OPTEL sales team for key SaaS proposals, both for RFP and with direct interactions with prospects.
- Assist other teams and departments with initiatives related to his/her area of ownership and responsibility
- Minor travel commitment related to onsite customers visits, service improvement opportunities and/or cross-site coordination.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or college diploma with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Product Software development
- 6+ years experience in a leadership role (Team Lead, Manager, Sr. Manager) managing software development activities.
- 5+ years experience in global work environment and coordination with North American offices
- Demonstrated track record of successful software delivery in a high pace environment
- Demonstrated experience to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Ability to motivate and influence stakeholders to encourage agility and innovation.
- Strong problem solving skills. Strong analytical and decision making skills; intuitive project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work experience in North America or European countries is highly valued
- Experience in SaaS software development and delivery is highly valued
- Experience as a software developer and code writing is an asset
- Knowledge of pharma manufacturing and inventory management is an asset.
- Experience with public clouds such as Azure and GCP is valued.