As a team member of the SaaS Operation team, you will be responsible for key Operations based activities for OPTEL’s SaaS solutions. Using the SRE model and approach to SaaS Operations and development, you will be part of the initiatives, bridging the deployment and development of automation processes. You will be accountable for the deployment, maintenance of SaaS operation processes used in our public cloud production and development environments.
You will support the solution development teams into transitioning and supporting solutions and products deployments to the SaaS Production environments and the overall system readiness.
Having a good understanding of cloud governance, cost management and compliance-based operations are key assets for this role. You will also ensure to employ and support practices that are aligned with best operational practices for the SaaS Operations team (SaaSOPs).
Reporting to the Director of SaaS Operations, the SaaS Application Specialist manages and maintains the OPTEL’s SaaS Operations delivery and has oversight of the transitioning and support of the SaaS delivery and system solutions into our cloud environments. These activities will be supported and implemented using key technologies and industry best practices. Key knowledge of scripting languages used to deploy and maintain our automation platform and solutions will be key to the success of the SaaS Operation specialist.
Essential duties and key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Support and maintain compliance driven SaaS Operations:
● Be a valued member of our talented engineering team at OPTEL, working to enable streamlined development and deployment as code;
● Improve, support, and maintain CI/CD pipelines to configure and deploy to both staging and production;
● Support, operate, and improve infrastructure critical to our cloud (GCP) and (Azure) environments and engineering workflows;
● Support and maintain compliance driven operations processes and practices for production-based SaaS environments;
● Promote best practices and cost management for public cloud governance;
● Help support processes and practices to complete and maintain a SOC 2 reports and other SaaS based related certifications.
Promote Operations using a SRE based operations model:
● Promote SRE based practices through to the engineering organization in relation to SaaS cloud-based operations;
● Work on supporting and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring, and managing our systems with the engineering team;
● Maintain the workflow and required communication channels to promote operation reliability within the development team through the life cycle of the SaaS solutions including the operational requirements.
Team based and individual contribution requirements:
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
● Being a self starter and able to manage and prioritize varying workload levels;
● Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity, and diplomacy;
● Complete related tasks with an automation and reliability driven mindset;
● Participate in on-call rotation as needed.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant experience;
● 7+ years of IT work experience;
● SaaS Operation experience is a key asset;
● Experience of scripting/automating processes in one or more of the following languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby);
● Familiar with modern software deployment processes, including CI/CD;
● Familiar with Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation;
● Hands-on experience in Linux and Windows system administration and troubleshooting;
● Some database experience (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) is an asset;
● Strong interpersonal skills - interacts well within the team and across other teams, and with users.
● Familiar with Compliance Driven Operation (SOC 2 Controls, Audit Controls);
● Experience with one or more cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure);
● Demonstrates the ability to support multiple applications, APIs and microservices;
● Familiar with deploying and managing container solutions such as Kubernetes, EKS, AKS and Docker/Swarm;
● Networking experience (connectivity, VPNs, Peering, DNS, Routing, In-transfer Data Encryption);
● Experience with managing monitoring systems and integration services.
What we offer:
● Competitive compensation;
● Flexible hours;
● Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
● Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
● Complete healthcare plan, including dental plan from day one;
● RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution;
● Refund of 50% of the RTC monthly passes;
● Several on-site amenities (free parking with electrical terminals, bright and ergonomic workspaces, free coffee and fruits);
● Varied social activities and diverse committees in which you can get involved (ex: sustainable development, sustainable health, community action, social club);
● Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
● Organization present on several continents;
● B-CORP certified company.