OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is a global company that develops transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions to secure and ensure supply chain compliance in major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the goal of reducing the effects of climate change and enabling sustainable living. If you are driven by the desire to contribute to a better world while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, then you've come to the right place!
As a team member of the SaaS Operation team, you will be responsible for key Operations based activities for OPTEL’s SaaS solutions. Using the SRE model and approach to SaaS Operations and development, you will be part of the initiatives, bridging the deployment and development of automation processes. You will be accountable for the deployment , maintenance of SaaS operation processes used in our public cloud production and development environments.
You will support the solution development teams into transitioning and supporting solutions and products deployments to the SaaS Production environments and the overall system readiness.
Having a good understanding of cloud governance, cost management and compliance-based operations are key assets for this role. You will also ensure to employ and support practices that are aligned with best operational practices for the SaaS Operations team (SaaSOPs).
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Software Development, the SaaS Application Specialist manages and maintains the OPTEL’s SaaS Operations delivery and has oversight of the transitioning and support of the SaaS delivery and system solutions into our cloud environments. These activities will be supported and implemented using key technologies and industry best practices. Key knowledge of scripting languages used to deploy and maintain our automation platform and solutions will be key to the success of the SaaS Operation specialist.
Essential duties and key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Support and maintain compliance driven SaaS Operations:
- Be a valued member of our talented engineering team at OPTEL, working to enable streamlined development and deployment as code.
- Support, operate, and improve infrastructure critical to our cloud (GCP) and (Azure) environments and engineering workflows.
- Execute daily, monthly, quarterly cloud infrastructure processes essential to the compliance and security of OPTEL’s production SaaS environments (Patching/Updates/Certs Renewals)
- Support and maintain compliance driven operations processes and practices for production-based SaaS environments.
- Promote best practices and cost management for public cloud governance.
- Help support processes and practices to complete and maintain a SOC 2 reports and other SaaS based related certifications.
Promote Operations using a SRE based operations model:
- Promote SRE based practices through to the engineering organization in relation to SaaS cloud-based operations.
- Work on supporting and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring, and managing our systems with the engineering team.
- Maintain the workflow and required communication channels to promote operation reliability within the development team through the life cycle of the SaaS solutions including the operational requirements.
Team based and individual contribution requirements:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Being a self starter and able to manage and prioritize varying workload levels.
- Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity, and diplomacy.
- Complete related tasks with an automation and reliability driven mindset.
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant experience
- 5+ years of IT work experience and 10+ years of IT Work Experience respectively
- SaaS Operation experience is a key asset
- Experience of scripting/automating processes in one or more of the following languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Familiar with modern software deployment processes
- Familiar with Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation.
- Hands-on experience in Linux and Windows system administration and troubleshooting
- Some database experience (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills - interacts well within the team and across other teams, and with users.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OPTEL is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is essential for fostering innovation and creativity. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, and beliefs. We are committed to providing a fair and inclusive recruitment process, where each candidate is evaluated solely on their qualifications, skills, and potential. At OPTEL, every employee's unique perspective contributes to our collective success, and we celebrate the richness that diversity brings to our team.