The Project Manager will work directly with the customer and head office, managing tasks throughout the project life-cycle. The Project Manager will be accountable for meeting the agreed Project scope of work, including the Project schedule and budget. In addition, the Project Manager will support the ongoing development and improvement of Project management activities, including the stage/gate delivery process and coordination of efforts with our head office.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for all Project Planning and Execution required to ensure Optel delivers a quality solution on time and within budget.
- Communicating project objectives, schedule, budget and roadblocks with cross-functional teams at head office, customers, OEMs and other internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Leading/providing strategic guidance for master planning and execution of tasks throughout the delivery process.
- Communicate effectively using all forms of communication at all levels of the company and customers, including providing project status reports in a clear, organized and concise manner.
- Driving and supporting continuous improvement initiatives (of the delivery process) within the PMO.
- Participation in regular scheduled project review meetings to ensure tasks/stages/gates are being met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Managing customer relationships and escalating project support issues to account managers and senior management as required.
- Adhering to and understanding all company policies, procedures, processes, and industry regulations, and best practices.
- Project Management Qualification or a Degree in engineering, science or related technical background preferred.
- German language skills are essential for this position.
- Experience within a regulated industry (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Automotive, Food and Beverage) is preferred.
- Demonstrated Project Management knowledge of tools, techniques, culture or PMI PMP certification.
- Excellent team-building skills, able to work with various cultures, backgrounds and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading project teams and managing projects from initiation through to completion.
- Bringing a positive team spirit.
- Some travel may be required.
Thanks to three decades of experience, the expertise, and creativity of our staff as well as our innovative technologies, the OPTEL group is one of the world's largest suppliers of digital tracking and traceability systems for the supply chain to the world.
OPTEL offers a growing number of industrial sectors (pharmaceutical, agri-food, cosmetics, medical devices, mines, and contaminated soils) digital traceability solutions and innovative vision systems allowing:
- to ensure regulatory compliance
- to optimize operational efficiency
- to create smart supply chains
A company headquartered in Quebec City and with facilities on several continents, OPTEL has stood out for 30 years through its innovative and responsible vision.
A B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a dynamic global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summarized as follows:
To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies in order to build a better world.
Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (intelligence supply chain) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made to enable consumers like us to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
Optel’s benefits include;
- Possibility of work in the office, or at home
- Competitive compensation;
- Regular position at 37.5 hours/week;
- Schedule flexibility;
- Family Health Insurance plan (From day one);
- Group Pension Scheme
- On-site amenities (free parking, cafeteria with free coffee and fruit);
- Open areas, bright and ergonomic offices;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, social club, and sustainable development.