OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is an international company that develops, for customers based, for the most part, outside of Canada, software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to secure and ensure the supply chain compliance in the largest sectors of the industry such as pharmaceutical and food, with the aim of reducing the effects of climate changes and promoting sustainable lifestyles. If you are guided, just like us, by socio-eco-environmental values and if participating to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted appeals to you, here is how you can help us:
As a member of the Product Management team and the Engineering and Technology Sector, the Saas Platform Product Manager will own Optchain. As a Product Manager, you will oversee platform and product development from ideation, through to creation and delivery. You will lead the strategy for Optel’s SaaS business. You will advocate for the voice of the customer to create a platform and build user experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but also create a competitive advantage.
You will play a key role in Optel Group’s growth strategy success and work closely with every team of the organization. You will also collaborate with customers and sales teams. You will be responsible for the Profit & Loss of your product. You will report to the Principal Director – Product Management.
- Set and execute product strategy based on market and end-customer requirements as well as customer support and other key stakeholders, including definition of key metrics for measuring quality, performance, and customer engagement.
- Produce market analysis for the relevant industries and applications.
- Understand in detail the industry’s trends, standards, and requirements relevant to his/her product line.
- Set up and maintain in depth competitive watch including market share, pricing, etc..
- Conduct Voice of Customers (VOC) with every involved stakeholder.
- Define and maintain platform and solution roadmap. Work closely with Engineering and Technology (E&T) to achieve alignment on feature implementation.
- Propose investment projects (business cases) contributing to Optel’s growth objectives and mission.
- Define requirements that bring differentiated features and added value. Prioritize backlog and requirements based on the understanding of market needs and trends.
- Ensure that all solutions meet or exceed global privacy and security requirements.
- In collaboration with sales and marketing teams, define and conduct marketing plans to support the product strategy and position his/her solution on the market. This includes New Product/Feature Introduction, Go to Markets (GTMs), launch plans, sales training, etc.
- Propose and establish strategic partnerships with companies that can help improve Optel’s offer;.
- Define and maintain global product price list.
- Be responsible for the product profit & Loss (P&L)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product Manager for a SaaS platform
- Ability to learn, articulate, market and support complex products and technologies;
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to think and act strategically;
- Willingness to take initiatives and drive them autonomously;
- Be strongly customer-oriented;
- Good written & oral communications skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Experience in Agile development environment;
- English and French proficiency, oral and written;
- This position is located in the province of Quebec.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Consumer Packaged Goods, Agrochemical, Metals & Minerals and Residual Material is a plus.
- Experience in Supply Chain, serialisation,, automation, Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), manufacturing executions systems (MES) is a plus.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible schedules;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one;
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical terminals, free coffee and fruits);
- Refunds of 50% of the monthly pass of the RTC;
- Open and bright areas and ergonomic workspaces;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, sustainable development, sustainable health, SST, francization, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company!