Participate to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted appeals to you? By joining the OPTEL team, this is what your daily life will look like!
OPTEL develops software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to reduce the effects of the climatic changes and to promote the health care safety as well as sustainable lifestyles. How? By deploying smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies.
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL made itself known as a global pioneer in traceability systems, but also as a socio-environmental leader.
Our organization is propelled by curious, motivated and proud humans. Here, the company culture draws itself naturally around a common objective: build together a better world for future generations.
As a member of the Product Management team and the Engineering and Technology Sector, the Product Manager plays a key role in Optel Group’s growth strategy success. He/She is responsible to define evolutive solutions and products meeting today’s and future market needs. He/She works closely with every team of the organisation. He/She collaborates with sales teams as well as with existing and potential customers. He/She is responsible for the Profit & Loss of their product line. He/She reports to the Principal Director – Product Management.
- Set and execute on the product strategy based on market or end-customer requirements as well as customer support and other key stakeholders, including definition of key metrics for measuring quality, performance, and customer engagement;
- Produce market analysis for the relevant industries and applications;
- Understand in detail the industry’s trends, standards, and requirements relevant to his/her product line;
- Set up and maintain in depth competitive watch including market share, pricing, etc.;
- Conduct Voice of Customers (VOC) with every involved stakeholder;
- Define and maintain their product/solution roadmap. Work closely with Engineering and Technology (E&T) to achieve alignment on feature implementation;
- Propose investment projects (business cases) contributing to Optel’s growth objectives and mission;
- Specify solution requirements for existing and future products based on product strategy, market analysis, VOC, etc. Define solutions that bring differentiated features and added value. Prioritize requirements based on the understanding of market needs and trends;
- Ensure that all solutions meet or exceed global privacy and security requirements;
- In collaboration with sales and marketing teams, define and conduct marketing plans to support the product strategy and position his/her solution on the market. This includes New Product/Feature Introduction, Go to Markets (GTMs), launch plans, sales training, etc.;
- Propose and establish strategic partnerships with companies that can help improve Optel’s offer;
- Define and maintain their global product/solution price list and ensure it is used by every stake holder;
- Be responsible for their product/solution profit & Loss (P&L);
- Manage their product/solution life cycle (Strategic and Tactic);
- Work with design and production teams to monitor and reduce product costs and to increase gross margin;
- Provide delays and scope of work for the evaluation of nonstandard projects and validate related commercial proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three years experience in product management hardware / software;
- Experience in Agile development environment;
- Experience in serialization, inspection, automation, Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), manufacturing executions systems (MES) is a plus;
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Consumer Packaged Goods, Agrochemical, Metals & Minerals and Residual Material is a plus;
- Ability to learn, articulate, market and support complex products and technologies;
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects with tight deadlines;
- Ability to think and act strategically;
- Must be strongly customer-oriented;
- Willingness to take initiatives and drive them autonomously;
- English and French proficiency, oral and written;
- Good written & oral communications skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible schedules;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- 3 weeks of vacation from the first year;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one;
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical terminals, free coffee and fruits);
- Refunds of 50% of the monthly pass of the RTC;
- Open and bright areas and ergonomic workspaces;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, sustainable development, sustainable health, SST, francization, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company.