OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is an international company that develops for customers based, for the most part, outside of Canada, transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions allowing to secure and ensure compliance of the supply chain in the most major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the aim of reducing the effects of climate change and promoting sustainable lifestyles.
As a certified B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a vibrant global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summed up as follows: To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies to build a better world. Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (supply chain intelligence) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made with the aim of enabling consumers such as ourselves to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
If you, like us, are guided, by socio-eco-environmental values and if participating in the resolution of the greatest issues facing our world today appeals to you, here is how you can help us:
***Please, send your resume in English***
Life Cycle Assessment Analyst
Join a dynamic Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) team that conducts studies and develops sustainability measurement tools/metrics for the different businesses served by OPTEL.
In your role you will carry out LCAs in various scopes and sectors. Through the use of OPTEL´s Intelligent Supply Chain Platform, you will conduct and support LCA projects that empower our clients to reduce the environmental footprint of their products and make environmentally positive supply chain design decisions.
What you will do:
- For products whose supply chain is digitized by OPTEL;
○ Conduct and support LCA-related tasks;
○ Integrate the LCA data collection and results in OPTEL’s traceability solutions;
○ Prepare Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs);
○ Ensure compliance with relevant GHG reporting standards;
- Write technical reports;
- Be in front of our customers to understand their needs;
- Present the outputs of OPTEL’s Intelligent Supply Chain platform to customers;
- Contribute to the development and to the improvement of OPTEL’s traceability solution for product carbon tracking.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree (or any post-graduate degree) in engineering and/or environmental sciences and/or sustainable development;
- High autonomy and strongly delivery oriented;
- Technical and customer facing experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Align to the values, priorities, and culture of OPTEL;
- Strong ability to adapt, learn and tackle new topics and issues;
-Applied knowledge of LCA softwares (SimaPro, openLCA, GaBi) and databases;
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability and life cycle thinking.
Advantages and benefits
- Flexible work schedules;
- Hybrid working mode;
- Competitive compensation;
- Healthcare plan;
- Meal allowances;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Activities organized by our committees (sustainable development, health and well-being, community action, social club, etc.).