Participate to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted calls out to you? By joining the OPTEL team, this is what your daily life will look like!
OPTEL develops software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to reduce the effects of the climatic changes and to promote the health care safety as well as sustainable lifestyles. How? By deploying smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies.
Over the past 30 years, OPTEL made itself known as a global pioneer in traceability systems, but also as a socio-environmental leader.
Our organization is propelled by curious, motivated and proud humans. Here, the company culture draws itself naturally around a common objective: build together a better world for future generations.
The Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for executing strategic operational planning and leadership on all technology infrastructure and operations to ensure high levels of excellence and customer satisfaction for all Optel sites. He/She manages, among other things, the IT infrastructure, hardware and software procurement, networks, office IT equipment and the customer contact center. He/She will supervise an IT team spread across different continents (Ireland, India, Germany, Brazil, Canada).
- Develop long-term strategic and operational planning of IT infrastructures in order to achieve business objectives by encouraging innovation, prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the assessment, implementation and management of current IT infrastructures and futures;
- Develop and document the technology roadmap over 1 to 3 years;
- Supervise and coordinate operations and IT infrastructure;
- Be responsible for the preparation, management and optimization of the capital and operating budget for IT infrastructure and operations;
- Propose cost-effective strategies to eliminate redundancies, inefficiencies and reduce costs while maintaining scalability, robustness, security, business continuity and disaster recovery with relevant stakeholders;
- Work with his teams to ensure the quality of service to users for the different environments and IT systems under his responsibility;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure, planning and balancing the development of internal resources and the acquisition of new external knowledge and skills;
- Implement processes / policies / standards to improve the quality and efficiency of support services based on the ITIL methodology;
- Increase the efficiency of processes and management of IT services;
- Define, measure and manage service levels (SLAs) for the availability and performance of IT infrastructure and services;
- Define, implement and manage the delivery of powerful collaboration tools to the entire organization;
- Negotiate and manage relationships with suppliers and contracts;
- Sponsor and ensure the delivery of operational and integration projects;
- Keep abreast of trends in the IT industry and related emerging technologies;
- Coach team members, partners and contributors;
- Ensure operational and human management via objectives within his team;
- Share knowledge with team members and participate in various sharing and learning activities;
- Knowing how to bring about change and bring about the adoption of new technologies and orientations within the team;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders with or without technical knowledge and at different hierarchical levels within the company;
- Supervise, train and evaluate the performance of its employees.
- At least 10 years of experience in IT operations and infrastructure jobs, including at least six years in a managerial position;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or a field related to technology;
- Hands-on experience in strategic planning and effective execution of technological transformation programs;
- SaaS and IaaS cloud computing experience (Google / Azure / AWS);
- Excellent understanding of IT best practices, such as ITIL processes;
- Experience in contracts and negotiating with service providers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to collaborate, ability to communicate and popularize concepts related to infrastructure, in English and French;
- Skills in project management, financial and budgetary management, scheduling and resource management;
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-functional teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives;
- Ability to act in high stress and pressure situations;
- Strong leadership skills (leader in strategy, excellence and people management);
- Excellent judgment, business acumen and effective decision making;
- Experience managing operations in a 24/7 multisite environment;
- Project management experience;
- Recognized for its deliverables and results;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Have a good analytical capacity and an excellent spirit of synthesis;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and organization;
- Priority management;
- Has a strong sense of ethics and integrity, good judgment and impeccable discretion;
- Be recognized for their team spirit;
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible schedules;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- 4 weeks of vacation from the first year;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one;
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical terminals, free coffee and fruits);
- Refunds of 50% of the monthly pass of the RTC;
- Open and bright areas and ergonomic workspaces;
- Several internal committees in which you can get involved (community action, sustainable development, sustainable health, SST, francization, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company.