OPTEL. Responsible.Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is a global company that develops transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions to secure and ensure supply chain compliance in major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the goal of reducing the effects of climate change and enabling sustainable living. If you are guided, as we are, by socio-eco-environmental values and if you want to participate in the resolution of the greatest challenges facing our world today, here is how you can help us:
You will be part of a product team that uses the latest technology stacks. You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, proposing innovative solutions to software challenges. The ideal candidate is motivated to learn and use new technologies, is open to challenge and be challenged with the goal of always surpassing themselves.
- Self-organized teams
- Agile methodology
- Diverse team in terms of skills and roles
- You will be encouraged to explore and acquire new skills, continuously.
- Develop, maintain and enhance high level SaaS applications for world class companies.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Ensure proper deployment of the solution.
- Propose new tools and work methods for continuous improvement
- Participate in team activities and contribute!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or relevant studies in software development
- Bilingual (English and French - International collaboration required)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- You have an interest in cloud solutions (AWS, Azure)
- You are open to participate in pipeline automation (CI/CD)
- You are comfortable with technologies for infrastructure as code such as TerraForm, Gitlab, Pulumi, Docker and microservices architecture
- You have experience with Postgres or other DB.
- You adhere to the DevOps philosophy and are willing to apply it to all stages of the software delivery cycle
- You have an excellent knowledge of Python or are comfortable learning it quickly
- Experience with c# and/or .NET
- You like object-oriented design and creating independent and testable modules
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- You can work remotely, on site or hybrid
- Virtual health clinic and employee assistance program
- Group and dental insurance from day one
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one
- On-site amenities: free parking and power stations, free coffee and fruit, on-site kinesiologist
- 50% reimbursement of the monthly RTC pass
- Open, bright areas and ergonomic offices
- Free English and French classes for those who wish to improve their level
- Committees in which you can get involved (B-Corp committee, SST, Social Club)
- Organization present on several continents
- Certified B-CORP company and healthy employer