OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is an international company that develops, for customers based, for the most part, outside of Canada, software, middleware and transformative material solutions that allow to secure and ensure the supply chain compliance in the largest sectors of the industry such as pharmaceutical and food, with the aim of reducing the effects of climate changes and promoting sustainable lifestyles. If you are guided, just like us, by socio-eco-environmental values and if participating to the resolution of the biggest problems that our world is currently confronted appeals to you, here is how you can help us:
Operating within the After-Sales group, the Field Service Engineer’s main mandate is to install and qualify the systems conceived by Optel at the customers' facilities.
- Perform the electronic and mechanic installation according to the established standards;
- Do the systems start-up and ensure it is working according to specifications;
- Work with the technical support team to address any issue;
- Provide training to the users;
- Assist the customer during the qualification of the equipment;
- Write Installation Reports.
- Perform the maintenance and repair of the equipment according to the customer service requests;
- Perform engineering and courtesy visits;
- Generate Service Reports.
- Assist and participate in the projects design and delivery process;
- Identifying and participating in sales opportunities such as new contracts, and system sales.
- College diploma in electronics, computer science or computerized systems technology;
- Knowledge in computer science, electronics and automation;
- Excellent customer-orientation;
- Availability to travel three weeks per month;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Valid international passport;
- One year of experience in a similar job (asset);
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Food & Beverages / Cosmetic industries (asset);
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment;
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns;
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner;
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills;
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities;
- Able to work productively in a pressurized environment;
- Ethical and trustworthy.