What would it be like going to work every day knowing that you are contributing to solving the biggest problems our world faces today? When you join OPTEL, that becomes your daily reality.
OPTEL helps finding solutions to today’s biggest problems: climate change, secure healthcare and sustainable living. How? By developing intelligent supply chains through advanced traceability technologies.
For the last 30 years, OPTEL is known as a socially and environmentally responsible leader in transformative technologies powered by the passionate, thought leaders of our time.
OPTEL is home to curious, purpose-driven individuals who enjoy collaboration. This is a place where company culture comes naturally because the team has a common core mission: build a better world together.
Why join our team?
- Be part of the solution;
- Know that your ideas will have a significant impact on the future;
- Evolve in a collaborative, open work environment where your curiosity and creativity will be encouraged.
** Full-time position in Quebec City **
You have a passion for quality work and good software development practices? You are looking to surpass yourself and aren't afraid of change? Optel is looking for seasoned and talented developers to play a leading role in the development of its traceability products and we have tons of challenges for you!
At Optel, developers don't just write code! They participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, offering innovative solutions to software challenges.
More specifically, the main responsibilities are to:
- Develop, maintain and improve high level web applications for world class companies;
- Create and maintain automated tests;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the deployment of the solution;
- Propose new tools and working methods to continuously improve;
- Participate in team activities and make your contribution!
- Bachelor's degree or relevant studies in computer science;
- Excellent knowledge of C # .NET with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development;
- You like object-oriented design and create independent and testable modules;
- You are open to comments from others on your code.
- You have a strong interest in DevOps, either:
- Participate in the automation of our pipelines;
- Actively collaborate on the deliverables of the development team by bringing pipeline expertise;
- You have experience in scripted automation (Powershell an asset);
- You know serverless technologies (Azure an asset);
- You are comfortable with technologies such as: TerraForm, Gitlab, Pulumi, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- You have experience with Elasticsearch (or other NoSQL, BD denormalization);
- You have experience with React Native / Node.js;
You have experience with cloud services on Azure (Saas / Pipelines) and Google cloud platform.
Advantages and benefits
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible hours;
- Possibility to work in the office or in hybrid mode;
- Virtual healthcare clinic and employee assistance program;
- Complete healthcare plan, including dental plan from day one;
- RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution;
- Several on-site amenities (free parking with electrical terminals, bright and ergonomic workspaces, free coffee and fruits);
- Varied social activities and diverse committees in which you can get involved (ex: sustainable development, sustainable health, community action, social club);
- Free English and French lessons for those who wish to improve their level;
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-CORP certified company.
*OPTEL group is an employer that respects equal opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered.