OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is a global company that develops transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions to secure and ensure supply chain compliance in major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the goal of reducing the effects of climate change and enabling sustainable living. If you are guided, as we are, by socio-eco-environmental values and want to participate in solving the biggest challenges facing our world today, here is how you can help:
OPTEL is looking for a network administrator whose mandate will be to implement new equipment and participate in several projects aimed at renewing the infrastructure of our Quebec City office as well as our other sites (Brazil, Ireland, Germany, India).
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in computer security.
👉 The position requires on-site presence once a week. OPTEL is located in the Quebec City Technology Park.
👉 The Network Administrator is part of the IT team composed of 14 people spread out internationally.
In addition to the tasks normally assigned to the position, the person who will hold this position will:
- Implement security best practices related to the network
- Participate in network level customer support and handle tickets escalated to level 3 on the network
- Continuously improve the network by monitoring performance, including availability, utilization, etc.
- Define and implement global networking and equipment configuration standards
- Perform routine daily tasks such as handling network alerts (events or incidents)
- Configure administration, configuration, interface and routing protocols
Skills and qualifications required
- Recognized training in networking and security
- Minimum of 6 years experience in network administration
- Bilingual (French-English)
- Knowledge of Advanced TCP/IP Networks-Expert
- Knowledge of Enterprise Wireless Networks
- Good knowledge of Cloud providers
- Practical experience in writing technology documentation
- In-depth knowledge of system and network architecture concepts and techniques
Knowledge or experience working with the following solutions will be considered a strong asset:
- Active Directory
- MS Azure and Azure AD
- Office 365 and Google Suite
- Terminal Server
- Backup software
- http, SSL, PowerShell, GPO, Windows Server
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation
- Flex hours
- On-site presence required 1 day per week
- Virtual health clinic and employee assistance program
- Group and dental insurance from day one
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution from day one
- On-site amenities (gym for group classes, free parking and electrical hook-ups, free coffee and fruit)
- 50% reimbursement of the monthly RTC pass
- Open, bright areas and ergonomic offices
- Free English and French classes for those who wish to improve their level
- Organization present on several continents
- B-CORP certified company