Canada, Amérique du Nord
Optel is currently looking for a Systems Administrator. Reporting to IT Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, creation, monitoring, maintenance, support and testing of a high-availability “Infrastructure as Code” environment that meets or exceeds our service-level agreement. The selected person will also be responsible for automating the production, the infrastructure and testing applications (including monitoring) as well as compliance with security requirements.
- Lead the implementation of automated systems for monitoring, supporting and deploying a cloud-based production infrastructure and applications;
- Supervise customer service-level agreements and evaluate their potential upgrade;
- Identify and recommend additional resources to complete the tasks;
- Ensure data protection and application availability.
- Identify and understand the explicit and implicit requirements of the hosting environment;
- Design the infrastructure supporting the network, software and other activities with an appropriate level of security and availability;
- Work closely with the development team to deliver high-reliability software;
- Evaluate and recommend an infrastructure, systems, software, processes and tools that ensure compliance with contractual service-level agreements.
- Monitor all critical aspects of the environment to identify issues in compliance with service-level agreements;
- Identify potential availability, security, extensibility or other issues;
- Collaborate with the development team to solve known problems, improve performance and eliminate production problems.
- Ensure that systems are in place so that any issues can be addressed within the constraints of the service-level agreement;
- Ensure that any problem is dealt with in accordance with the service-level agreement;
- Answer client questions and support integration with the SaaS solution;
- Provide timely technical support to external and internal clients, including sales, customer service, project management and software developers;
- Provide documentation to the development team and other technical resources.
- Ensure that systems are maintained and optimized to support production activities;
- Ensure that patches are regularly applied to the systems;
- Ensure the ease and repeatability of internal SaaS software deployment.
- Automate testing to ensure that the environment, tools and systems meet expectations;
- Facilitate functionality and performance testing of internal SaaS software.
Communication of information:
- Provide regular reports on availability, incidents and tests to management and (if required) to clients.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in corporate development and/or operations.
- Strong code and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.);
- Experience in automated provisioning with Terraform, Salt, Ansible or equivalent;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services;
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security;
- Knowledge of software and systems: Linux, Unix, Microsoft;
- Strong desire to learn and contribute to the success of a fast-growing company;
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure;
- Intermediate French.
- Open and bright office spaces;
- Flexible work schedules;
- Monthly social club activities;
- Group insurance and RRSP program;
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page