Canada, Amérique du Nord
Project Management Office
The Project Manager’s main mandate is to manage all aspects of a project (time, scope and budget) and to build relationships with the client by effectively communicating the project status and requirements to ensure successful design and execution.
- Manage all project communications between the client and the OPTEL teams. Understand the requirements, costs, deadlines and limitations of the project.
- Collect critical information in preparing specifications for a relevant solution.
- Evaluate and understand the risks and costs associated with the project, as well as its feasibility and deadlines.
- Based on the needs of the client, understand or prepare (for project managers who carry out standard projects) specifications and quotations (make requests for parts and communicate with original equipment manufacturers, etc.).
- Follow-up on the design of the solution with the various stakeholders.
- Follow the different detailed design reviews with the OPTEL teams and the client.
- Prepare, edit or approve the various equipment and technical documents required.
- Ensure that test plans specific to the solution are written.
- Act as a resource person for the client.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of the project (status, next steps, obstacles, budget, schedule) with all the project stakeholders.
- Based on design specifications and customer requirements, provide information to software, mechanics, IT and documentation teams.
- Provide support to internal teams and the client to solve technical problems during the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a relevant technical discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant technical experience in a similar field
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and in written
- Proven knowledge of project management tools
- Effective organizational skills with respect to tasks and priorities
- Good judgment about a project financial, technical and operational aspects
- Insight to offer or support a pragmatic and robust solution (for a standard project)
- Effective collaboration with all OPTEL teams and with the client.
What we offer
- Open and bright office spaces
- Flexible hours
- Monthly social club activities
- Group insurance and RRSP program
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page