Canada, Amérique du Nord
Optel is currently looking for a Senior Operations Coordinator. The incumbent is responsible for supervising three Operations Coordinators. The selected candidate is also responsible for coordinating, implementing and maintaining the complete project delivery process.
- Maintain project planning and progress activities including detailed project planning, budget tracking, deliverables, validation and approval, action items, decision points, change requests, simulation of deadline, cost and resource scenarios, etc;
- Monitor and coordinate project activities, verify the consistency, accuracy and relevance of the information collected. Also check the variations between the objectives and the reality of the project in terms of costs, time, risks and quality;
- In a proactive setting, act as a “control tower” and prevent potential project deviations and identify gaps/causes in terms of schedule, deliverables, budget, capacity, quality standards, risks, etc;
- Work in collaboration with the Project office to manage project priorities;
- Ensure compliance with the steps of the project delivery process;
- Produce and track progress reports specific to various projects;
- Develop the necessary tools for project planning by providing expertise to ensure that the project runs smoothly. Suggest tool improvements and ways of doing things. Maintain project planning templates up-to-date to support the different business units’ needs.
- Ensure the quality of work as well as individual and collective performance;
- Conduct individual performance reviews and, if necessary, implement development or recovery plans based on clear objectives;
- Act as a mobilizing leader by encouraging motivation;
- Provide the support and guidance necessary to achieve the objectives set;
- Promote a healthy work environment based on teamwork;
- Participate in the recruitment process for the Planning team in collaboration with HR.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the sector of activity;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Strong interest in analytics and project coordination;
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks;
- Excellent bilingual oral and written communication skills (French/English);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently as a team;
- Demonstrated influence and good negotiation skills;
- Experience in change management or ongoing improvement (“lean approach”) an asset;
- Experience with ERP systems an asset.
- Open and bright office spaces;
- Flexible work schedules;
- Monthly social club activities;
- Group insurance and RRSP program;
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page