Canada, Amérique du Nord
Reporting to the Vice-President of Finance, the legal advisor will be responsible for overseeing legal aspects for all OPTEL groups in both Canada and its foreign subsidiaries (Brazil, Ireland, India, United States).
- Draft and verify various commercial agreements such as confidentiality agreements, software subscription agreements, professional service agreements, global equipment sales agreements, partnership agreements as well as all other types of agreements based on company requirements;
- Negotiate commercial agreements with customers, suppliers, partners or other external stakeholders;
- Ensure that contractual obligations are in line with OPTEL’s policies, procedures and risk tolerance;
- Participate in opening offices abroad for all legal aspects;
- Review, enhance and implement the company’s corporate governance processes and policies;
- Responsible for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Europe GDPR);
- Ensure the proper management of corporate documents;
- Act as legal counsel and work collaboratively with internal departments such as Marketing, IT, Finance, Operations or others;
- Provide support to management (Quebec and other sites) to facilitate informed decision-making;
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with all law firms in each of the countries where OPTEL conducts business;
- Responsible for the budget of local and foreign lawyer professional fees Provide support in potential acquisitions.
- Bachelor Degree in Law;
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in managing, reviewing and processing contracts;
- Transactional and contractual experience;
- Excellent communication skills to communicate business requirements internally and externally;
- Developed business sense to reconcile legal risks and business opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in constant evolution;
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office.
- French skills (spoken and written);
- Experience in the software industry;
- Experience in a service or consulting organization.
- Open and bright office spaces;
- Flexible work schedules;
- Monthly social club activities;
- Group insurance and RRSP program;
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page