Canada, Amérique du Nord
Optel is actively looking for a Global Methods Leader (Mechanical Design). The primary mandate of the Global Methods Leader will be to foster and enhance methods and processes in his or her field of expertise. In collaboration with the members of the Engineering and Operations team and other departments, the selected candidate will develop and implement such methods across all Optel sites.
- Develop, share and implement, in his or her field of expertise, a plan to improve the global methods supporting the actions required for the strategic planning of the organization;
- Collaborate closely with other method leaders in the organization towards the development of a global vision aimed at sustaining the growth and diversification of our solutions;
- Work in close collaboration with key players in the Engineering and Operations team to enhance the operational excellence of the Company (best practices, etc.);
- Elaborate and implement creative, innovative and consistent methods in connection with his or her technical expertise for all sites and measure their effectiveness;
- Identify issues related to his or her specialty and propose improvement solutions in the short, mid and long term;
- Ensure consistent assessment of operational effectiveness (DMS, KPI) in all Optel sites;
- Be actively involved in the launch of special and product development projects (NPI or others);
- Make sure that the Company complies with applicable standards or certifications for projects related to his or her specialty;
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of strategies aimed at developing and improving the knowledge and skills of employees concerned by his or her specialty;
- Organize and provide training on a need basis on methods to be implemented and systems to be deployed;
- Collaborate with supervisors and directors in the development of employees’ overall performance objectives;
- Participate in the hiring process when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a pertinent field;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in his or her area of expertise;
- Advanced-level English;
- Excellent knowledge of Optel practices and operating modes;
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills;
- Capacity to influence resources without managing them directly;
- Strong team spirit;
- Sound business judgment and keen sense of priorities;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Willing to travel on a regular basis across the different Optel sites.
- Open spaces;
- Flexible schedules;
- Social Club activities each month;
- Benefit programms;
- Free coffee, of course !
Share this page