Canada, Amérique du Nord
OPTEL is currently looking for a Finance Director at its Quebec City head office. Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Director oversees and supports the multi-country finance team. His/Her role is to manage accounting and finances, recommend improvements, develop function-related policies, and manage tax issues in the context of an international company.
- Supervise the multi-country finance team.
- Review monthly financial results.
- Support auditors during audit periods and answer complex and comprehensive audit questions.
- Play a key role in the company to represent the financial and tax aspects of the company’s overall business improvement projects.
- Support other departments on financial and tax aspects when setting up new products and services.
- Work in continuous improvement and process optimization mode.
- Support the new IT systems implementation (ERP, reporting, expense reports, etc.).
- Manage tax aspects of expatriate files and inter-site transfers, in collaboration with external experts.
- Establish, update and comply with the global transfer pricing policy, in collaboration with external experts.
- Responsible for financial reporting to financial institutions on a quarterly basis, in accordance with the financing agreement;
- Analyze potential grant and credit programs that Optel can qualify for.
- Responsible for the accounting and financial aspects when creating new entities.
- Support the integration of acquired companies when applicable.
- Implement several special projects (e.g. marketing tax strategy in Brazil, VAT registration in various European countries, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with a CPA title.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years in personnel management.
- Experience within an international company, including consolidation and multi-currency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
What we offer
- Open and bright office spaces
- Flexible hours
- Monthly social club activities
- Group insurance and RRSP program
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page