Canada, Amérique du Nord
Professional Services, Software
Optel is actively seeking an electrical designer for its Quebec City office. Working in a multidisciplinary project design team, the electrical designer’s main mandate is to make electrical diagrams of our products/projects according to the customers’ requisites.
- Analyze and interpret information such as engineering specifications or reports related to electrical engineering.
- Design and develop electrical systems according to customers’ needs.
- Collaborate on the optimization of manufacturing processes by modifying the equipment design to support the manufacturing, assembly and installation of components.
- Act as an electrical reference by answering questions and requests from customers and colleagues.
- Maintain the company’s reputation by sticking to good design principles and various applicable regulations and standards.
- Use electrical design modeling software to create electrical plans according to project specifications in accordance with established standards.
- Provide assembly instructions if required.
- Generate equipment lists, selection and creation of new components needed for project execution.
- Support and ensure the proper project execution during the manufacturing, quality control or installation phases and any other phase requiring the support of the design team.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the department.
- College diploma in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Functional English (spoken and written)
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Autonomous, with a good sense of priorities
- Knowledge of SEE-Electrical software (an asset)
- Knowledge of ePlan software (an asset)
- Knowledge of product certification standards (CE, UL, CSA, GAMP, …) an asset
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in constant evolution.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Open and bright office spaces
- Flexible hours
- Monthly social club activities
- Group insurance and RRSP program
- Free coffee, of course!
Share this page