Canada, Amérique du Nord
The Electrical Design Engineer will work in developing solutions and will work as a technical expert.
- Carry out the various stages of product development projects: study of the project requirements, design, revision, design challenge, manufacturing launch, assemblies and tests monitoring during the project;
- Actively participate in the selection of electrical components, technologies, materials and manufacturing processes to meet time, cost and quality objectives;
- Define the technical specifications, the specifications and the methods to be followed for the project/product designs;
- Apply good design and development process practices daily in the projects;
- Work closely with other departments to obtain feedback, analyze recurring issues, and propose continuous improvements to increase the quality of electrical design;
- Develop a network of consultants and suppliers;
- Apply applicable standards/certifications (CE, UL, CSA, GAMP, InMetro, etc.).
- Perform the design using modeling software and affix the seal in accordance with the OIQ Code of Ethics;
- Develop the electrical BOM setting;
- Support the bidding and NPI processes;
- Support operations and method leaders if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with technical training (an asset)
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in electrical system design in an industrial field (Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, etc.);
- Recognized knowledge and expertise in electrical manufacturing (cable and cabinet) as well as assembly and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Experience in product development
- Good understanding of the technical aspect and ability for risk analysis
- Experience in SeeElectrical and/or ePlan (an asset);
- Functional English;
- Strong leadership, organization and priority management skills to be able to bring innovative solutions while maximizing reliability and cost;
- Good communicator;
- Ability to work in a team and within tight deadlines.
What we offer
- Open and bright office spaces, ergonomic desks.
- Flexible work schedules;
- Group insurance and RRSP program;
- Monthly activities organized by our committees (sustainable development, health and well-being, community action, social club, etc.);
- Access to the gym and to locker room with showers (open training and scheduled classes);
- Possibility to join a sports club (walking, running, soccer, etc.);
- Parking and free electrical charging stations, carpooling;
- 50% refund for the RTC monthly bus passes;
- Incentive for sustainable behavior through an internal app;
- Fair free coffee!
Share this page