Canada, Amérique du Nord
Project Management Office
The Project Management Director is responsible for managing and advancing the projects of Optel’s clients. The Director’s main mandate is to lead the activities of the Project Management team, develop the team’s potential and contribute to process improvement.
Short and medium-term strategies:
• Participate in the development of tactics to reach strategic goals, with the VP and other directors.
• Fully understand the expectations and vision of the department VP.
• Align the team’s development with the goals.
• Develop action plans to reach the goals.
• Work with supervisors to develop tactics to implement strategies.
• Review strategies and tactics every quarter and make the required adjustments.
• Mobilize your department towards reaching goals.
• Set up and control processes developed in collaboration with various other departments.
• Actively participate in the continuous improvement process.
• Ensure that the team is involved in the continuous improvement process.
• Collect and identify recurring issues associated with the process and transmit them to the VP.
• Develop the implementation of processes and improvements action plan, with the supervisors.
• Supervise the department supervisor and ensure the team mobilization.
• Define the required policies and procedures and ensure their implementation.
• Respect and control the department costs, budgets, expenses and schedules according to different projects and operational priorities.
• Plan and communicate changes to managers and employees.
• Maintain communication between supervisors, managers, VPs and between the different sites to understand needs and optimize customer service.
• Set up team performance indicators, monitoring indicators, etc.
• Provide support and training to the team.
• Manage customer requests and expectations, while taking into account budgets and deadlines;
• Engage in team project planning to meet costs and schedules while considering technical issues;
• Act as a facilitator in problem solving and get involved in managing clients in problem situations;
• Review project performance with project managers and sign required statutory documents;
• Ensure the alignment of priorities with execution and sales teams;
• Ensure effective planning, problem-solving processes and delivery follow-ups;
• Supervise the various phases of planning, implementation and commissioning of projects;
• Supervise project deliverables and various project documents;
• Supervise action plans for mandate execution by linking them to a project schedule;
• Evaluate and control budgets and costs (time and materials) of development projects, and estimate production costs over time;
• Promote a compromising approach between customers and operations in case of problems;
• Ensure team collaboration with related departments (Engineering, Production, Services, etc.) and ensure constant communication between team members involved in reaching the goals;
• Ensure that project tracking documents are active and appropriately complemented with resources according to the processes in place.
• Ensure that decisions are made according to the social responsibility principles.
• Respect the sustainable development principles and existing laws, the working conditions as well as the environmental impact and local development.
• Encourage employees to act in accordance with these same principles.