Optel Group is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in our Limerick office. This person will provide technical guidance and support to our business and customers. The candidate will be responsible for the full troubleshooting of IT solutions in various customer environments. He/ She will also be responsible for improving work processes in constant evolution as well as working with developers, solution architects, project managers, and our clients, all in compliance with the quality requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, solid analytical skills, and proven problem-solving experience. He/she will use their interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and provide a solution to their technical problems quickly and professionally.
- Troubleshoot Middleware serialization solutions integration and deployment on cloud-based and database-style production application infrastructure.
- Enter and perform predefined qualitative tests and functionalities to raise development bugs, in preparation for deployment.
- Identify and recommend additional resources and processes to carry out tasks.
- Identify and understand explicit and implicit requirements of the hosting environment.
- Collaborate closely with developers and solution architects to deliver highly reliable solutions.
- Responsible for deployment integrity and information security.
- Identify and clearly document sources of system bugs.
- Collaborate with different product development platforms to resolve known issues, improve performance, and eliminate solution issues.
- Provide timely technical support to external and internal clients including Project Management, Solution Architects, and Software Developers.
- Manage customer escalations and provide clear concise communications to facilitate a quality customer experience.
- Provide quality documentation in the form of support tickets to clearly log communication and troubleshooting steps.
Skills & Work Experience
- Advanced application, infrastructure, and database support
- Previous experience in deploying software and/or middleware solutions.
- Advanced level of English
- Coding and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.).
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Azure, Apache, etc.).
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security.
- Good understanding of systems and IT infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Being able to interact with several stakeholders by encouraging teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Language skills
- College or professional Information Technology diploma or equivalent
- The role may require travel.