Be a part of the change.
What would it be like going to work every day knowing that you are contributing to solving the biggest problems our world faces today? When you join OPTEL team, that becomes your daily reality.
OPTEL helps finding solutions to today’s biggest problems: climate change, secure healthcare and sustainable living. How? By developing intelligent supply chains through advanced traceability technologies. For the last 30 years, OPTEL has partnered with the world’s top brands who are dedicated to using the power of business to do good in the world.
Today with systems present all around the world, OPTEL is known as a socially and environmentally responsible leader in transformative technologies powered by the passionate, thought leaders of our time. Just like industries they work in, OPTEL moves quickly and embraces change.
OPTEL is home to curious, purpose-driven individuals who enjoy collaboration. This is a place where company culture comes naturally because the team has a common core mission: build a better world together.
What you’ll get by joining our team
- You will play a hand in solving the world’s biggest issues
- Your ideas will have big impact
- You will be able to own your impact in a self-driven work environment
- Your curiosity will be encouraged
Perks and benefits
- The possibility to work 100% remote, 100% office or both (hybrid teleworking) ;
- Competitive remuneration
- Virtual Healthcare
- Flex hours
- Complete healthcare plan, including dental plan;
- RRSP with employer contribution starting on the first day of employment;
- On-site commodities (free parking, electrical terminals, cafeteria with fresh fruits and free fair-trade coffee, terrace on the rooftop with a garden and bees, etc);
- Free informal english courses twice a week for those who want to improve their second language;
- A company that is B-CORP certified
What you’ll do
Optel Exploration initiatives are linked with the business diversification objectives and allow Optel to learn new markets and/or new technologies. These initiatives can be initiated by customer demands or by internal requests to validate potential solutions and alignment with market requirements.
Some dynamic teams are waiting for you. Be part of a friendly and supportive working atmosphere. If you like challenges and teamwork, we want to meet you!
- Support innovation philosophy in the exploration team;
- Follow that projects meet their financial goals while maintaining their exploration purpose and a high-level of customer satisfaction; Act as escalation point for customer project;
- Deploy agile exploration development practices such as fast prototyping, Kanban, Sprint and Scrum; Assure a continuous improvement philosophy;
- Plan and communicate various changes to management and employees;
- Act as a manager-coach for the Exploration team members, provide the necessary support and training.
- Anticipate problems and difficult situations and take the necessary measures to resolve them;
- Hire and train/support new employees;
- Continuously monitor employee’s performance and identify areas of improvement;
- Work with solution owners to handle backlogs and new requests;
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the solution and enjoy working on it
- Demonstrates ‘Customer Focus’, active listening and consultative approach;
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication in english;
- + 3 years of relevant experience in team management;
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field;
- Accountable, autonomous and creative;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Experience in a scrum master role, Scrum master certification;
- Development experience.