OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
Do you want to make a difference by contributing to the development of a leading eco-socio-responsible company?
Thanks to three decades of experience, the expertise and creativity of our people and our innovative technologies, the OPTEL group is one of the world's largest suppliers of digital tracking and tracing systems for the supply chain. Supply to the world.
OPTEL offers a growing number of industrial sectors (pharmaceuticals, agri-food, cosmetics, medical devices, mines and contaminated soils), digital traceability solutions and innovative vision systems allowing:
- Ensure regulatory compliance;
- Optimize operational efficiency;
- Create smart supply chains.
A company whose head office is located in Quebec City and with facilities on several continents, OPTEL has distinguished itself for 30 years by its innovative and responsible vision.
As a certified B-Corp company, OPTEL is part of a vibrant global movement of companies eager to use the power of business to make our world a better place. As such, our mission can be summed up as follows: To be recognized as a socially responsible leader who uses and develops transformative technologies to build a better world. Our traceability experts design and deploy ISC (supply chain intelligence) solutions to support companies in their efforts to increase the transparency and efficiency of their supply chains. All of these efforts are made with the aim of enabling consumers such as ourselves to adopt sustainable and responsible purchasing habits.
Software Developer ISC Exploration (Intelligence Supply Chain)
As a developer in the ISC Exploration team, you will build demos, proofs of concepts and prototypes that aim to support our business development. It is by monitoring the success or failure of these prototypes that OPTEL can better invest its development capabilities. A great emphasis is therefore placed on the learning opportunity accessible through these prototypes.
If you are interested in developing products, markets and presentations at events, you will also have the opportunity to travel internationally to present the solutions developed by your exploration team.
Main responsibilities related to the position
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, DSM, etc.);
- Provide visibility on progress by updating the task tracking tool based on the developments made;
- Prioritize the achievement of identified goals with an objective of efficiency ;
- Participate in the definition of the architecture;
- Carry out a technological watch and propose solutions that allow the achievement of the team's objectives;
- Ensure isolation of any source code from the exploration team;
- Carry out the minimum documentation required in the projects;
- Share your knowledge with the team.
- Have expertise in programming with the languages used for web development
- XML (asset),
- Typescript (asset),
- C# (asset),
- Python (asset)
- Have a degree in software development or a related field;
- Knowledge of on-site or cloud-based hosting and deployment techniques and services;
- Google Cloud Platform
- Azure (asset)
- Amazon Web Services (asset)
- Autodidact and autonomous. Sometimes you will need to integrate and work with technologies with little or no external support available;
- Efficient and results oriented. Promotes the use of existing elements when possible and optimal. Possibility of “bypassing” existing elements (code, framework, process…) to achieve the goal more efficiently;
- Creative. Good ability to identify different methods to achieve one's goal when difficulties are discovered;
- Comfortable in integrating immature or little-known Technologies;
- Able to agree to deliver exploratory solutions;
- Tolerates having little or no quality control process between you and the end user given the mission of the exploration department;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Advantages and benefits
- Flexible work schedules;
- Remote working mode;
- Competitive compensation;
- Healthcare plan;
- Meal allowances;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Activities organized by our committees (sustainable development, health and well-being, community action, social club, etc.).