The OPTEL GROUP finds solutions to today's biggest problems: climate change, health care security and sustainable lifestyles. How? 'Or' What? By developing smart supply chains using advanced traceability technologies. Over the past 30 years, OPTEL has partnered with the world's leading organizations that are committed to using the power of business to do good in the world (B-CORP Certified)
Today, with systems in over 30 countries, OPTEL is known as a socially and environmentally responsible leader in transformative technology powered by the passionate thought leaders of our time. Just like the industries with which it works, OPTEL evolves rapidly and welcomes change.
OPTEL is made up of curious, motivated people who like collaboration. It is a place where the corporate culture takes shape naturally because the team has a common central objective: to build together a better world for future generations.
What you’ll get by joining our team
- You will play a hand in solving the world’s biggest issues
- Your ideas will have big impact
- You will be able to own your impact in a self-driven work environment
- Your curiosity will be encouraged
- The possibility to work 100% remote, 100% office or both (hybrid teleworking) ;
- Competitive remuneration
- Virtual Healthcare
- Flex hours
- Complete healthcare plan, including dental plan;
- RRSP with employer contribution starting on the first day of employment;
- On-site commodities (free parking, electrical terminals, cafeteria with fresh fruits and free fair-trade coffee, terrace on the rooftop with a garden and bees, etc);
- Free informal english courses twice a week for those who want to improve their second language;
- A company that is B-CORP certified
As a software developer within the ISC Exploration team, you create demos, proofs of concepts and other types of prototypes to support our business development.
It is by monitoring the success or failure of these prototypes that OPTEL can better invest its development capacities. A strong emphasis is therefore placed on the learning opportunity offered to us by the use of these prototypes.
• Participate in the definition and organization of exploration tasks in the backlog in order to give visibility on the progress of projects;
• Participate in the identification and definition of opportunity objectives and provide the technical expertise required to translate them into functional elements;
• Act as custodian of the functional scope, prioritizing the achievement of objectives and minimizing optional tasks;
• Provide the expertise required to develop the required functional elements as aligned as possible with the current and future technological portfolio of OPTEL;
• Provide the expertise required to integrate or modify the functional elements provided by other departments or external consultants;
• Ensure that all prototype source code is recorded on the source management system and in sufficient versions to support exploration activities;
• Ensure that all prototype source code is isolated from production source code to avoid any possible interference;
• Document, from a technical point of view, the result of the functional element delivered compared to the initial objective;
• Diploma in computer science or equivalent;
• Knowledge of Cloud, .NET, HTML, CSS, XML technologies.
• Knowledge of hosting and deployment of applications, whether on premise or in the cloud;
• Competent with modern technologies and common operating environments (operating systems, protocols, security, virtualization, service providers);
• Autonomous and gifted for self-learning: You will have to integrate new technologies with little or no external support available.
• Efficient and results-oriented: Favors the use of existing elements when possible while being able to bypass others to achieve the goal more easily.
• Creative: You are able to identify alternative ways to achieve a goal when faced with obstacles;
• Risk tolerance: You are comfortable providing a user with unfamiliar technologies in order to get to know them more quickly;
• You are comfortable with little or no quality control between you and the end user.