OPTEL. Responsible. Agile. Innovative.
OPTEL is a global company that develops transformative software, middleware and hardware solutions to secure and ensure supply chain compliance in major industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and food, with the goal of reducing the effects of climate change and enabling sustainable living. If you are guided, as we are, by socio-eco-environmental values and want to participate in solving the biggest challenges facing our world today, here is how you can help:
Why join our team?
- To grow professionally in an international organization where prospects for evolution are possible given the size of our teams and the diversity of products and languages;
- Evolve within a multidisciplinary and autonomous team, which has been practicing agility for more than 6 years, and in which your curiosity and creativity will be encouraged;
- Participate in the solution by contributing your ideas, so that together we can build a better world for future generations.
At Optel, developers write more than code: they participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, by proposing innovative solutions to software challenges. In an agile environment, our multidisciplinary teams include a product owner, a scrum master, an architect, a quality manager and developers. From the evaluation of tasks to the release of a new version, everything is done as a team with one goal in mind: to deliver quality products while keeping commitments!
As part of one of our teams, you will contribute to the development of our traceability product (web application), which centralizes all the data of the different lines of a production site.
- Develop, maintain and improve our web application and related services,
- Create and maintain automated and unit tests,
- Perform modeling on data sets,
- Contribute to the deployment of the product and services, and ensure its proper functioning,
- Provide technical support for the product and services, and their deployment,
- Carry out a technology watch and propose solutions that allow the team to achieve its objectives,
- Propose new tools and work methods for continuous improvement,
- Participate in team activities and make your contribution!
- You have an excellent knowledge of Python 3 with a minimum of 5 years experience in software development.
- You are a self-starter and have problem solving skills,
- You know TDD and test automation
- You are able to collaborate and are open to feedback from your team members on your code
- You understand the benefits of CI/CD and DevOPS
- You have experience in web development
- You have experience working with Gitlab and Jenkins
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform.
These skills will be considered important assets for the position:
- You have front-end experience
- You are comfortable with containers
- You know Django, Pytest and others
Advantages and benefits
- Have the possibility to work in different modes: telecommuting, hybrid, 100% office, etc.
- Competitive compensation;
- Virtual health clinic and employee assistance program;
- Group and dental insurance from day one;
- Group RRSP and TFSA with employer contribution;
- Flexible hours, 37.5 hours per week;
- Possibility of reduced hours;
- Many on-site amenities including free parking, fair trade coffee and bright, ergonomic work spaces;
- Various social activities and committees in which you can get involved (ex: B-Corp Committee, Social Club and OHS Committee);
- Free English and French courses for those who wish to improve their level
- Organization present on several continents;
- B-Corp certified, OPTEL is part of a dynamic global movement of companies committed to using the power of business to make the world a better place