Limerick Project Manager – Serialisation / Automation
Engineering, Optel Group
Reporting to PM Director/Team Lead, this position will work directly with the customer and head office, managing tasks throughout the project life-cycle and will be accountable for meeting the agreed upon scope of work, including project schedule and budget.
In addition, the Project Manager will support the ongoing development and improvement of project management activities, including the phase/gate delivery process and coordination efforts with head office.
- Support preparation of functional specifications via engineering site visits, customer coordination of required critical details;
- Preparation of design specifications (based on agreed functional specifications);
- Communicating project objectives, schedule, budget and roadblocks with cross functional teams at head office, customers, OEMs and other internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Leading/providing strategic guidance for master planning and execution of tasks throughout the delivery process;
- Working with a central point contact at head office to achieve the agreed upon project objectives (includes quality solution, schedule and budget);
- Communicating effectively using all forms of communication will all levels of the company and customers, providing project status reports in a clear, organized and concise manner;
- Driving and supporting continuous improvement initiatives (of the delivery process);
- Driving timely problem solving and recommending solutions;
- Participation in regularly scheduled project review meetings to ensure tasks/phases/gates are being met in an efficient and timely manner;
- Managing customer relationship and escalating project support issues to account managers and senior management as required;
- Adhering to and understanding all company policies, procedures, processes and industry regulations and best practices.
- Must possess a Degree in engineering, science or related technical background.
- Minimum 2-5 years of related project management experience.
- Experience within a regulated industry (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Automotive, Food and Beverage) is preferred.
- Demonstrated Project Management knowledge of tools, techniques, culture or PMI PMP certification.
- Must be able to communicate (face to face, email, telephone, team meetings, presentations, etc.) with all levels of an organization as well as with customers, OEMs.
- Excellent team building skills, able to work with various cultures, backgrounds and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading project teams and managing projects from initiation through to completion.
- Bringing a positive team spirit.
- Some travel may be required.
- Training to occur at our Head Office in Canada.