Limerick Technical Buyer
You will be responsible to coordinate and carry out the major sourcing and purchasing functions for our new EMEA Operations in Limerick, Ireland. Working in tandem and continuous communication with global team members in Canada, Brazil and India.
This position will investigate, purchase, stock new cost-effective electronic materials and suppliers to meet our company’s growing production forecast. This position will coordinate delivery, inventory functions, as well as facilitate inter-company inventory transfers of raw and semi-finished materials or products.
- Manage inventory levels of off-site warehouse, coordinate purchasing with 3 other remote corporate locations
- Arrange and manage domestic and international shipments (experience with freight forwarding and receiving procedures)
- Assist in managing raw material and finish good material purchasing for multiple locations
- Manage key vendor relations
- File appropriate paperwork
- Perform and coordinate material transfers between company locations and warehouses
- A Third Level Qualification in Supply Chain, business, electronic engineering or a related manufacturing field
- You must have a minimum of 3 years direct purchasing responsibilities, focused on Product Manufacturing or Electronic Assembly environments
- Previous work experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or distribution is highly desired
- Advance English in writing and speaking is required
- Organised individual and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a range of colleagues throughout Europe, Asia and North America
- Proven experience specialty in electronics manufacturing or manufacturing automation equipment is highly desired
- Ability to work with ERP System (experience with SAP is desirable)
- Experience with purchasing functions, payment terms, purchase orders, inventory management is required.
- Candidate must be responsible to complete purchasing and accounting paperwork, providing follow-through to centralised accounting department
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Excel, MS Project or similar software