Quebec City Software Director
Canada, North America
Software, Optel Group
Following the growth of the organization, the OPTEL Software group is currently implementing a new agile-type structure, a matrix structure of self-managed multidisciplinary teams. We are looking for a Software Director ready to work closely with the R&D Vice-President and the Leading Architect to implement this new evolutionary pattern in the company in order to increase capacity by adopting innovative and productive working methods. The Software Director will lead a team of about 80 people, including the direct leaders.
- Participate with the Vice-President and the Architect Leader in the development of tactics for the achievement of strategic objectives related to the implementation of an agile-type structure
- Develop action plans to achieve the established objectives and align the team development with them
- Work with Software team leaders to develop tactics and implement strategies
- Conduct the quarterly review of strategies and tactics to make the required adjustments
- Motivate their department towards the achievement of objectives.
- Implement and monitor the processes developed in collaboration with the R&D Vice-President
- Participate actively and ensure that their team participates in the continuous improvement process
- Collect and identify the recurring problems associated with the processes and communicate them to the R&D Vice-President
- Manage the interdepartmental obstacles and conclude on certain problems in case of a disagreement
- Develop the action plan with the Leaders to implement the processes and improvements.
- Manage the Software group teams, supervise the department’s Leaders and ensure that they motivate their respective teams
- Respect and control the costs, budgets, expenses and deadlines of the department according to the different projects and operational priorities
- Plan and communicate the various changes to Management and employees
- Maintain communication with the Leaders, other Directors, Vice-Presidents and various sites in order to understand needs and optimize customer service
- Establish performance indicators of teams, follow-up indicators, etc.
- Offer the support and training necessary for the teams
- Participate in the recruitment of key people in the team and participate in squad training in Ireland and India
- Implement the processes necessary to manage teams remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computing or college diploma with equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field, combining management experience and experience within a Full Stack Agile or Scaled Agile (SAFe) structure
- Bilingualism – English and French (spoken and written)
- Ability to motivate and influence stakeholders to encourage agility and innovation
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Must have skills in the pragmatic and flexible application of agile methodology and techniques in an environment focused on solutions
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and manage ambiguous problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple requests and manage priorities.