Limerick Software Configuration Technician – EMEA
Reporting to Configuration Development Team Lead, the System Configuration Technician’s primary assignment is to configure client products. To do so, he/she must ensure that they understand the client’s needs, as well as design a solution and translate it into a configuration that can be used by the software platforms of the company.
Following the configuration of the system, he/she must also perform a portion of the required tests to verify that the system operates correctly. The Software Configuration Technician is part of a team of specialists in Vision and Programming.
- Performing Feasibility Studies (Definition of the resolution, lenses, cameras and lighting used on the systems).
- Performing system tests and suggesting adjustments (Hardware and Software).
- Providing support in the Research and Development for Vision Programmers.
- Participating in the elaboration of the solution.
- Develop a strong knowledge of client specifications.
- Configuring systems in XML.
- Performing system tests to validate the configuration.
- Providing support to the Integration and Service Department.
- Developing tools to increase productivity.
- Developing scripts to automate production.
- Carrying out various IT tasks (LDAP, IP address, servers).
- Must hold a Third Level qualification in Computer Science, Computing, Electronics & Computer Engineering or relevant.
- Strong knowledge of programming and configuration languages – (XML, C++, Python, SQL, PHP, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronics, PLCs or coders (preferred).
- Resourcefulness and autonomy. Be able to follow all standard and regulatory work practices
- Must demonstrate excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, with strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work within a team.
- Desire to learn and challenge yourself.
- Asset: Interest for automation and computer systems
- Asset: Knowledge of the programming language and script
- Asset: Knowledge of computers (Office Suite, XML files, etc.)