Shanghai Software configuration technician
Software, Optel Group
We are currently looking for talented Software Configuration Technician’s to add to our current team at our new Indian Operations Centre in Goa, India.
The System Configuration Technician’s primary assignment is to configure client products. To do so, he/she must ensure that they understand the client’s needs, as well as design a solution and translate it into a configuration that can be used by the software platforms of the company.
Following the configuration of the system, he/she must also perform a portion of the required tests to verify that the system operates correctly. The Software Configuration Technician is part of a team of specialists in Vision and Programming.
- Performing Feasibility Studies (Definition of the resolution, lenses, cameras and lighting used on the systems);
- Performing system tests and suggesting adjustments (Hardware and Software);
- Providing support in Research and Development for vision programmers.
- Participating to the elaboration of the solution;
- Develop a strong knowledge of client specifications;
- Configuring systems in XML;
- Performing system tests to validate the configuration;
- Providing support to the Integration and Service Department;
- Developing tools to increase productivity;
- Developing scripts to automate production;
- Carrying out various IT tasks (LDAP, IP address, servers).
- Third Level qualifications in Computer Science, Computing, Electronics & Computer Engineering or relevant;
- Knowledge of programming and configuration languages (XML, C++, Python, SQL, PHP, etc.);
- Knowledge of electronics, PLCs or coders (preferred);
- Resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Knowledge of the English language (spoken and written);
- Desire to learn and challenge yourself;
- Asset: interest for automation and computer systems;
- Asset: knowledge of the programming language and script;
- Asset: knowledge of computers (Office Suite, XML files, etc.).