Quebec City Software Configuration Technician
Canada, North America
Engineering, Optel Group
The Software Configuration Technician’s primary assignment is to configure our products. To do so, the Technician must ensure to understand the customer’s requirements in order to design a solution and transpose it into a configuration used on the company’s software platforms.
After configuring the system, the Technician must also perform some of the tests required to ensure the proper functioning of the system. The Software Configuration Technician is part of a team of specialists in vision and programming.
- Performing Feasibility Studies (Definition of the resolution, lenses, cameras and lighting used on
- Performing system tests and suggesting adjustments (Hardware and Software)
- Providing support in Research and Development for vision programmers
- Participating to the elaboration of the solution
- Develop a strong knowledge of client specifications
- Configuring systems in XML
- Performing system tests to validate the configuration
- Providing support to the Integration and Service Department.
- Developing tools to increase productivity
- Developing scripts to automate production
- Carrying out various IT tasks (LDAP, IP address, servers)
- College diploma from a Technical School or a Third Level qualification in Computer Science, Electronics or engineering or relevant. Open to a Graduate level entry for this position.
- Strong knowledge of programming and configuration languages (XML, C++, Python, SQL, PHP,
- Knowledge of electronics, PLCs or coders (preferred)
- Resourcefulness and autonomy
- Good Communication Skills in French & English – (spoken and written)
- Desire to learn and challenge yourself
- Asset: interest for automation and computer systems
- Asset: knowledge of the programming language and scipt
- Asset: knowledge of computers (Office Suite, XML files, etc.)
** Countries Equivalences
- India: Post Diploma in a related discipline
- Ireland: HND or Diploma from a Polytechnic
- England: HND or Diploma from a Polytechnic
- Spain: Técnico Superior
- Italy: Diplome di Universitario