Limerick Project Engineering Technician
About OPTEL GROUP
Now a Certified B Corporation, OPTEL is a leading multinational provider of traceability systems, and its mission is to use its innovative technologies to create a better world through responsible capitalism.
The company’s renowned solutions ensure the quality of consumer health products and help stop counterfeiting of pharmaceuticals and medical devices throughout the world. OPTEL is also adapting its technologies to create efficiencies in various other sectors ─ from health-related industries to smart manufacturing and more, all can benefit from global traceability.
OPTEL’s expertise will allow diverse industries to measure, inspect, control and track a variety of elements to improve quality and make better use of resources. For more information, visit www.optelgroup.com.
We are currently looking to recruit to a number of talented and enthusiastic Project Engineering Technicians to join our team of experts at our EMEA Operations Facility in Limerick.
Under the direction of the designated Supervisor, the Project Engineer will build bespoke solutions, test and validate each unit and complete FAT with our customers for all of Optel Vision’s portfolio of systems. Furthermore, he/she will provide remote or direct support at the customer’s premises for the integration or systems designed by the company.
- Install both Serialized Track and Trace and non-Serialized solutions onsite in Limerick or at a customer’s facility, which includes Mechanical, Optical, Electrical and Software configuration.
- Conduct system performance Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) with the customer
- Carrying out IQ/OQ installation testing
- Prepare, maintain and review validation and compliance documentation about installation or service
- Provide system training to customers
- Provide service on systems to determine nature and scope of a situation and take corrective action
- Participate on engineering and/or sale visits
- Promote company products and providing customer support after the integration
- Must hold a Third Level Education qualification in the following: Computers, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Automation & Control or a relevant discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience on Electro-Mechanical equipment, Vision Systems, PLC’s, Barcode scanning maintenance
- Meticulous person with a good sense of observation
- Must be able to demonstrated troubleshooting and fault-finding capability
- Advanced English (written and spoken) is a must
- Must be flexible to travel nationally and internationally
- Teamwork and professionalism
- Leadership and resourcefulness
Optel is a collective group of business units using common technologies, mainly in the area’s of optics, electronics, computer science and robotics. Each of these units develop solutions and services such as inspection, serialization, traceability and engineering for various industries, including the pharmaceutical field, in order to solve real and important problems and therefore contribute to creating a better world.
Pioneering employer, Optel builds the future responsibly by promoting the respect of humans, environment, integrity and social responsibility. Our actions are motivated by the desire to contribute to the well-being of our society, more specifically for the future generation by beginning with the welfare of our employees.
Optel offers a competitive remuneration and a pleasant work environment.
We promote professional development, innovation and leadership.