Campinas Production Supervisor / Supervisor de Produção
Brazil, South America
Optel is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor. This position is full-time, management level and responsible to supervise and manage various (electronic and mechanical) assembly teams based in Campinas, SP. This position reports to senior management and directors based in Quebec, Canada
The Production Supervisor position has a primary mandate to manage the performance of the overall component assembly and product manufacturing teams, while responsible for the daily coordination and reporting of production performance.
- Manage, structure and optimize procedures, ensuring assembly procedures are followed rigorously, completed on-time and on-budget.
- Support the local scrum process and ensure their effectiveness toward Lean management objectives.
- Ensure effective problem-solving processes by participating in optimization tasks and ensure their implementation by the team.
- Promote the proper use of various tools and assembly processes in place.
- Maintain safety and smooth operations of related teams.
- Act as chief mobilizer encouraging motivation.
- Provide support and guidance necessary to achieve the program / department objectives.
- Promote a healthy work environment based on teamwork.
- Participate in technical interviews and hiring as needed.
- Manage receiving, shipping, stock management and inspection of the goods and items from suppliers according to the company’s defined procedures.
- Responsible in CREA (conselho regional de engenharia) for the machines produced in Optel Brasil.
- Responsible to issue ART (atestado de responsabilidade tecnica) according to national rules.
- Responsible to ensure all machines attend national rules.
- Ensure all machines produced in Brasil met certification requirements.
- Responsible for the preventive maintenance plan and execution.
- Responsible to develop suppliers for maintenance.
- Responsible to ensure all production waste get proper storage and destiny
- Analyze module production, managing work orders and floor production.
- Manage the achievements ensuring production and delivery schedules are met.
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of sub-assemblies.
- Work with the management to improve working methods and procedures.Resolve/ Find / Manage missing parts or errors.
- Develop, maintain, and update Lean reporting tools, reports.
- Maintain process and service to other departments
- College degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory management experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferable in small electronics or automation machinery.
- Candidate must be bi-lingual, and possess advanced English verbal and comprehension skills. Advanced understanding of English; (all training is provided in English).
- Possess a strong team spirit, demonstrate an outgoing management style, with sound judgment and excellent sense business of priorities.
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License is required. Travel to Canada is required for training (4-6 weeks).