Quebec City Product Manager
Canada, North America
Working under the Senior Product Manager, the Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategic vision of the software and hardware products of the customers and potential customers of Optel Group. Beyond products, the position calls for reflection and an action plan around maintenance and support as well as the potential for recurrence, cross-selling and incentive sales (up selling/cross-selling). The incumbent defines products based on existing ideas and develops new ones based on the industry, new market trends and proactive communication with sales, customers and potential customers.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the product line from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Manage the lifecycle of software products once they have been installed at the customer’s premises, by taking into account the maintenance program, the mechanical migration and updating, and the changes that this may cause for customers.
- Specify market requirements for the current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to customers and potential customers, and by analyzing the competition.
- Define clear requirements relative to the market and products and work hand in hand with software and computer hardware research & development team.
- Define the competitive advantages of the product so that the sale offer is understood and maintained throughout the development and sales cycle.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan of new products across the company by working closely with the marketing department and the global sales team for the implementation.
- Develop training tools and train the sales team on how to promote existing and new solutions.
- Present detailed software solutions (by demo or technical sales presentation) to potential customers and customers.
- Analyze possible relationships with partners to increase the scope of the product line and generate a profitable Return On Investment (ROI) for the company.
- Improve the customer experience on the entire product from interface presentation up to its delivery.
- Technical and knowledgeable experience in IT and database technologies
- University degree (an asset)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (French and English)
- Capable of teamwork (influencing role)
- This position requires to travel abroad (25% to 30%)