Quebec City Mobile Application Developer
Canada, North America
Optel Group is looking for a mobile application developer to join a team tasked with developing a new line of innovative software products. This person must be autonomous and proactive, as well as a great team player.
The mobile application developer’s main responsibility consists of designing, developing, and deploying mobile applications. He or she will work in close collaboration with various internal departments and contribute to the company’s growth by introducing new and creative methodologies.
While all applications will be developed and deployed on both main mobile platforms (iOS and Android), all prototypes will be built on Android.
- Play an active part in defining new product features
- Participate in designing the applications’ technical architecture
- Design, apply and review all solutions for Android and iOS platforms
- Help and support to the team during the development and evolution of the applications
- Hold a technological watch and anticipate market trends
- Structure and comment the projects’ code efficiently and logically
- Always stay up to date on new trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or college degree in Computer Science plus related experience
- Advanced skills in Java programming
- High level of proficiency with a programming language (Swift or Objective-C) (an asset)
- Significant experience with Android Developer Studio
- Experience with Apple XCode (an asset)
- Experience in full stack development and Web technologies (an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of the basic concepts of object-oriented development
- Rigor and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Agile software development principles