Quebec City Inside Sales Manager
Canada, North America
Sales, Optel Vision
Working under the authority of the Vice-President – Sales Operations the Inside Sales Manager’s main mandate is to supervise the team that manages budgetary requests and inside sales. More specifically, they have to supervise task priority management with the coordinator, supervise vendors communications, as well as the Product team, the solution designers and the project managers.
- Understand the top management’s expectations as well as the vice-president of sales and marketing’s;
- Understand the financial spread objectives requested by the General Manager;
- Align deliverables with the team’s objectives;
- Collaborate with the sales team (salespersons) in order to ensure a good communication about mutual expectations and process follow-ups;
- Support the coordinator by being the responsible for the priority management;
- Evaluate the team’s work load and give relevant feedback to those concerned;
- Mobilize the team in order to achieve objectives.
- Communicate the objectives and profitability and delay issues;
- Support an effective training plan, in the form of coaching and acquisition of technical and procedural knowledge;
- Support team members with project evaluations;
- Evaluate individual team members performance;
- Manage the performance management tools;
- Take part in problematic situations management.
Support the inside sales team for the project evaluations
- Determine tools templates (cost evaluation tools) and their evolution (design review);
- Act as a technical support reference for team members;
- Filter projects that do not meet the tender requirements and take responsibility for those that can be refused;
- Make connections with the Product team in order to get the right product data;
- Support the solution design and project management teams, if needed, to elaborate tenders;
- Manage the price list according to the Vice-President of Sales’ guidelines;
- Suggest price or tender presentations structure modifications according to different needs;
- Inform the salespersons and other relevant people (for example: solution designers and project managers) of price modifications, presentations structure and estimation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent;
- 5 years of experience in a technical field (an asset);
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a team leader or manager;
- Bilingual. French and English proficiency (spoken and written)
- Positive leader in order to deal well with different issues, conflicts, and to promote work discipline;
- Have a good business judgement and sense of priorities to make relevant decisions and create effective plans;
- Show autonomy, initiative, organization, and thoroughness.