Limerick Graduate Software Configuration Technicians
Engineering, Optel Vision
The System Configuration Technician’s primary assignment is to configure client products. To do so, he/she must ensure that they understand the client’s needs, as well as design a solution and translate it into a configuration that can be used by the software platforms of the company.
Following the configuration of the system, he/she must also perform a portion of the required tests to verify that the system operates correctly. The Software Configuration Technician is part of a team of specialists in Vision and Programming.
- Performing Feasibility Studies (Definition of the resolution, lenses, cameras and lighting used on the systems);
- Performing system tests and suggesting adjustments (Hardware and Software);
- Providing support in Research and Development for vision programmers;
- Participating to the elaboration of the solution;
- Develop a strong knowledge of client specifications;
- Configuring systems in XML;
- Performing system tests to validate the configuration;
- Providing support to the Integration and Service Department;
- Developing tools to increase productivity;
- Developing scripts to automate production;
- Carrying out various IT tasks (LDAP, IP address, servers).
- Must hold a Third Level qualification in Computer Science, Computing, Electronics & Computer Engineering or relevant
- Strong knowledge of programming and configuration languages (XML, C++, Python, SQL, PHP, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronics, PLCs or coders (preferred)
- Resourcefulness and autonomy
- Good Communication Skills in English – (spoken and written)
- Desire to learn and challenge yourself
- Asset: interest for automation and computer systems
- Asset: knowledge of the programming language and script
- Asset: knowledge of computers (Office Suite, XML files, etc.)