Shanghai Field service engineer
Engineering, Optel Group
We have exciting new positions for talented and enthusiastic Field Service Engineer to join our expanding team of experts.
- Must have hands on experience in the maintenance and support of electronic components or mechanical systems. Related experience can include; production line mechanic, line electrician, packaging machinery engineer, and general field technician responsible for product installation, support and repairs;
- Must have knowledge of electronic engineering experience; working with circuitry and troubleshooting electrical components to the board level, drilling / mounting in various materials;
- Experience with wiring, wiring harnesses, terminating and testing circuits and components;
- Experienced in the installation of electronic-mechanical machinery or optics equipment is ideal;
- Must understand and interpret schematic diagrams, understand electrical symbols, terminology, calculate voltage and circuit flow. Be responsible and confident when installing sensitive electronic hardware, software and OEM equipment;
- Must have some experience with IT Networking. Be familiar working with networking hardware, IP processes / connectivity, networking communications. IP addressing, identifying domains, routers, cables, switches, etc. Be familiar with software programming. Programming / writing code is not a requirement, some knowledge of C++ coding or line level programming is a plus;
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on technical work experience in the installing, repairing, troubleshooting electronics, automated packaging or manufacturing machinery. Related industrial engineering and electronics experience will be considered. Any combination of related studies and work experience will be considered.
- Applicants must provide a diploma or certificate(s) from a recognized school, university or technical program; related to an applied science, electronics, and mechanical, electro-mechanical engineering or similar related field. Bachelors, Diploma/Certificate in degree in Electronic Engineering, Electronics or related field is a plus. This is a technician level position;
- This position requires frequent and extended travel. All candidates must be prepared, ready and available to travel a minimum of 3 weeks per month. Weekend over-stays may be required when installations exceed 5 business days.
- Must be able to clearly speak and write in English/ Chinese. Clear communication and professional presentation skills are required;
- All applicants must pass a Technical Skills Test, prior to advancing to the Skype based technical interview;
- Candidates must be in good health, with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.