Limerick System Engineer
Engineering, Optel Vision
Reporting to Solution Design Team Lead, the System Engineer will work in close collaboration with our customers to properly determine their requirements and deliver a successful solution. You will work with our different multidisciplinary teams and will remain available throughout the project delivery process – Design and installation of the packaging line equipment.
- Liaise with the customers to ensure the correct solution design.
- Work understanding, creation and review of documentation (URS, FDS, BRS, IOQ,).
- Prepare and support FAT and SAT. Conducting Engineering/Sales visits.
- Acting as a Technical Reference with customers and preparing the Bill of Materials.
- Liaise with R&D, Quality, Electrical, Mechanical, Validation, Product and Software Configuration departments to ensure full compliance with solution requirements for the customer. Work with OEM’s and third parties for the solution integration.
- Involved at different stages of the delivery process from concept to Integration.
- Scheduling multidisciplinary teams meetings.
- Must have a relevant third level qualification in an engineering discipline, preferably a BEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, a BSc in Computing / Software Engineering or a BEng in Automation Engineering.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a technical field, ideally coming from the Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Industry.
- Working in collaboration with several multidisciplinary teams: – Mechanical, Electrical, Product, Validation, Configuration, IT, Quality Control, etc.) to ensure that the solution is supported.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Effective Communication skills;
- Technical Writing Skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to define a solution with the customer.
- Must demonstrate excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, with strong attention to detail
- This position is based in Limerick, Ireland, but the candidate should be willing to travel to customer sites nationally and internationally.